New 2015 Frontier 8x8 battery life?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 2015 Frontier 8x8 battery life?

New 2015 Frontier 8x8 battery life?

So with out having a Alternator for the frontier how long will the battery last? Ive read that long or lots of winching, or use of extra lights (winter time) they are a drain for the battery. Im just trying to think of things to take along on for several day hunting trips, camping trips.

Dont want to have to walk out do to a dead battery. Thanks for thin input.
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

Hey jn, Depends on how fast you will be driving, keep amps over 12 and you should do ok. I travel by my self most the time and so I bought one of those portable battery jumpers air compressors that charges cell phones, hand radios, gps' ECT.. It costs Around $100 but it has saved my but on the argo, the camper and my truck. It has more than paid for it's self. Once had gotten stuck two times and had to winch out and while winching out of the second hole the battery died..no problem hooked up the box got out of the hole and drove the argo home with the jumper box hooked to the battery WITH my lights on! It was a good day but I should've brought a shovel..

The best way to prolong a battery is with a quality charger when the machine isn't running. I use a Battery Tender 1.5 amp charger on my machines when they are in storage. When operated, there should be no time that a battery on a machine gets drained even when winching and using lights, just keep the machine running when you do that to keep the charge up. Even after lengthy winching it should only take a few minutes of running around to get a good charge. I've been averaging 4 years or more on my batteries before replacing. Some of the chargers out there don't have float switches so they will over-charge a battery which leads to a short life. The Battery Tenders do have a float switch along with a battery condition light which will help to monitor the situation. In fact, I have a Utility vehicle with a battery from 2004 that's still working.

Just to be safe, the new capacitor jump starters are about a $100 each, and are small, most are cigar boxed sized or smaller. You can also use them to run tire inflators, charge phones, etc.

Thanks for the info guys. Will get a capacitor jumper.
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

Machines like Rck90's with out the alternator kit have many issues do to the brake fan (heavy draw), if you do not have a brake fan you should have a ton less draw and more longevity. Jump packs are always nice when out alone.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Argojim, thanks!
    I could have sworn moonfishing said he had a conquest. Seems I had been reading too many post and got confused on his vehicle type (if you couldn't tell by the post) I really like my battery in a box and think everyone should carry one.

+ Reply to Thread