8x8 argo conquest hydrostat transplant

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8x8 argo conquest hydrostat transplant

8x8 argo conquest hydrostat transplant

I recently found a conquest some one is selling. They say it is all torn down with new everything. They don't have the original engine or tranny, though they picked up a Dixie chopper drive train, minus the engine, to transplant in. They say they had all the sprockets machined for the hydraulic motors into #50-2 chain. Supposedly all that's left is assembly, getting a motor, and possibly welding a modification onto the existing engine mount to accommodate a different engine.
    Would this sort of system work well on an 8x8? How difficult would assembly actually be? Has anyone made a post about doing something similar to this that I could reference?

Thank yall very much!

Several larger 8x8s utilize hydraulic drive like Mudd-Ox and Hydratrek. The downside to hydraulic power is typically weight, noise, heat and somewhat lower speeds compared to a standard transmission but the positives are that they are robust drivetrains that give you instant response and zero turn capabilities. I think it would be a fun project but just make sure you know what you are doing when it comes to sizing the motors/pumps. You really need to do your homework there. There are a couple of hydraulic guys on this site that really know their stuff. Perhaps they will chime in with some more specific advice.

Overall, just be leery of someone that's telling you it's complete. I would assume that it's not going to work and base my offer on that. That way, if it doesn't work, you haven't overpaid for a project that is really nothing more than a shell of an 8x8 with no motor and tranny because that's not worth a lot.

did you get the transplant done how about some pic.

+ Reply to Thread