24" tires for a Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24" tires for a Conquest

24" tires for a Conquest

I was told the other day that I "could" put 24" tires on my Conquest, but I would have to shave about 1/8" off the treads so they don't touch each other. The fellow did not know the make of the tires that he was talking about, but was pretty sure that he had seen a Conquest rigged that way.

So, have any of you guys seen a Conquest with 24" tires, and do you know the Make/Model of the tires? Also, what would be the best way to shave the treads, other than just letting them wear against each other until they fit?

A changeover would involve all new rims and tires, which could be an expensive test. I will need to keep my current tires and rims seperat so I could put the tracks on when required.

The argo frontier tire will fit.. it's about 23.5" diameter, gives you about a 1/2" between tires. Think runamuk on steroids. Great in mud, fast in water, great ride like the runamuks. Expensive, but anything else will still cost and work 1/2 as well. The other thing to consider is what other tire and wheel will stay mounted as well as your runamuks do. Another + for the frontier tire. I have bigfoot wheels and kenda 25x12x9 on my response (about 23.75") that I bought years ago.. next set will be frontier tires and wheels.

Thanks Roger, I will definitely look into that.
    Do you have a side view pic of your rig that you could post?

will give it a try
    Attached Images

Het Roger, Are you sure that they will fit?
    I have tried talking to a couple dealers and they disagree, They are not even willing to talk about it. They are being flat out RUDE about the whole thing. They say that if I want bigger tires on the Conquest, buy a bigger machine
    I'm starting to suspect that if they do fit, the dealers don't want people to know, people might just buy the tires instead of a new machine.
    One dealer said something about the rims being different????? Will the Frontier tire fit on a Conquest rim?

Count Me In!!

If the answer is YES on those bigger tires fitting on Conquest rims, let me know who carries them & I want a set too!!! (depending on unit cost & shipping).

I am sure they will fit.. they are slightly smaller diameter than what I am running on a Response right now. There is talk that the argo wheel has been redesigned with a higher bead to help keep the tire from dismounting. I don't know anyone personally who has mounted them on older wheels.

Another concern is gearing. There are 2 or 3 transmission ratios. A 2 letter code on top of the trans.. GU and MU and maybe an H. The G is lowest, M is higher. I have a G. If you have an MU it might feel underpowered with a taller tire. The rear clutch is adjustable and might make up some of it.

Someone on route 6x6 said he bought the tires from Richard Clark.. I got the impression they might be a $100 from him.

Thanks Roger,
    I am going to order some, the local dealer (for me) said $135.00 Can, each.....shipping included. I think I should just order 2 at first, then mount them and see what I get for clearance.
    I really don't understand why these guys that I have been talking to refuse to consider this as a possibility.
    I can see power being an issue with bigger tires and a heavy load on, but the Argo drivetrain is pretty tough so I don't think it will suffer to much.
    I will post up some pics when it's done, that could take awile though......How much do you wana bet that when I go to place the order, I will be told that they are out of stock, or some other such thing?

Tire Update

Mornin' everyone,

Just checked my email & received a response from my local Argo dealer(O J Herman), here in Michigan.
    Yes, the 24" tires WILL fit on the Conquest, you CAN use your original rims AND, should you use tracks, like I do, he said all you need to do is buy additional sections. He also said the tires are Argo brand & sold exclusively thru Argo dealers. They retail for $110.00 each. I won't be paying shipping as I live within driving distance from him.
    So, check with Argo.com & find a local dealer, if you need to & good luck.
    P.S. if YOU find these available from another source for a cheaper price, I hope you share your discovery.

Art

Wow, I'm surprised to hear the tracks will still clear, It's got to be really close.

+ Reply to Thread