New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New Argo Model

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    It might qualify as counter rotation but I agree that it's lame when compared to the mudd-ox's ability. Its amazing that such a big company like ODG cant put something better out, maybe they can but the price would be above what anyone would pay. With that said the philosophy of "good enough" in my book is not "good enough". However, the argo is a nice product and would still probably buy one over a Mudd-ox
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Hey guys, just curious.... Is counter rotation something big on the list of must haves for an amphib? Just trying to think of any situations where it might be needed. It really looks cool, but is it needed for anything more than maybe a quick getaway. Just wondering.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Hey guys, just curious.... Is counter rotation something big on the list of must haves for an amphib? Just trying to think of any situations where it might be needed. It really looks cool, but is it needed for anything more than maybe a quick getaway. Just wondering.

Bridget
    I can maneuver my Argo 8x8 just about through anything, but if it could counter rotate, maneuvering through tight places would be easier. When Argo 8x8s turn, the back ends really swing around. I think counter rotating would lessen the back end swing. I would imagine it would help in the mud too. A lot of times, once your in the mud, you can't really steer to pick the best line, I think that if you could counter rotate a few degrees, you might be able to hit a better line and have a better chance of getting out. PLUS THE 360s ARE REALLY COOL!!!!

When you're in a rutted mudhole with the belly high centered, it can help to get the aatv turned at an angle across the center high spot. Otherwise it can be winch time. Wheels going opposite directions does better than one side braked.

You guys are so smart.. SMRT. Now I see a useful application for it. The most mud I've seen in YEARS was on the Ashtabula racetrack. Oh, wait... & Ledges 2008 when I hi-centered the Spider. But with the Spider I don't think counter rotation would have worked. It was a bad rut & when your wheels are spinning in what seems like a bottomless pit of goop, I was glad to see the winch come out.

Thanks guys!

Bridget

Yes Bridgett, there's safety in numbers. Maybe not safer, but we feel more brave and get more stupid, knowing there's a 1/2 dozen winches and a couple fire extinguishers nearby

new argo model

Did Odg Do Any Testing On These Rigs To See How The Tires Held Up In Sharp Rocks And Stumps.are The Tires On The Conquest 4 Ply.

I have ran these tires for awhile and they are excellent tires. They are 4-ply and they are tough. Much tougher than the rawhides on the sidewalls. Not slamming the rawhides. This is from my observations of running both. The Argo tires are great swimmers and are great in the mud. I think with the counter rotating transmission and the Argo tires it will be lethal combination.

Some seem to be concerned that the tires don't counter rotate very fast, i do not see this as a problem. No one owns one yet to even give it a fair appraisal. This combination was tested quite extensively over the last year.

Back to the rock and stumps: I have a 2006 Avenger with standard steering and i have ran over all the items and not had a issue. The Argo rims are not as good as Matt O's double bead rims. I seem to knock one off each ride, but i am a little aggressive in the mud. I have them mounted on the new rims and i think this is now a non issue.

I know this is a little lengthy but this is my experience with the tires. I would be very upset if i had to go back to my Rawhides. These are testing tires and so far the tests are great.

This is my opinion others may vary.

( QUOTE ) " I have them mounted on the new rims and i think this is now a non issue. "

Lewis,,

Are these the new Argo rims that you are referring to? If so, are the new Argo rims now double bead lock?

They are a bead lock but not as good as Matt's. When you put a tire on Matt's they stay! The rims that i had them one were just plain Argo rims. I seem to always knock at least one off a ride. Haven't knocked one off of a Matt rim yet. It is always one of the front tires.

+ Reply to Thread