anyone with a plow killing your battery? and anyone running a deep cycle battery?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone with a plow killing your battery? and anyone running a deep cycle battery?

anyone with a plow killing your battery? and anyone running a deep cycle battery?

well it happened again with all the up and down with the plow and cold weather stalling and using the starter i keep killing the battery ive got a factory replacement 300cca in there and the charging system is working fine but 15 amp charging system just isnt enough any body run into this? did you switch to a deep cycle and what size did you use? mabe even a groupe size would help!!! or any other good ideas?
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

Hey Eric, an Optima battery might do the trick for you......everyone swears by them and they're supposedly very tough.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

i run into that alot the kohler and some briggs wont charge untill the rpms are up like 3/4-wide open throttle remember these motors are set up for running at 3600 rpm all day thats when they charge the only motor i have found that works good is the 23hp briggs with the 20/50 amp charging 20 at 1/4 throttle and 50 at 3/4 to wide open i always have to install the external alternator package on new Argos .

If you are still running the mini sized lawnmower type battery......any full sized battery will be a BIG improvement. In the sears I left the small one in and added a full sized, in my maxII I just went with the full sized.

I run a separate battery for the plow and recharge it when I'm done.

that may be an option i have a spare battery box that i can mount in front of the sticks on the floor and easily hook up the winch wires i can get a new group 34 deep cycle battery for 68 bucks from my napa connection!!!! the auto group i work for is the biggest in new york state and we own our own napa franchise!!!!!! the employee discount is nice!!!!!
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

My charging circuit doesn't work (waiting on a regulator) and I used to kill my battery plowing. My engine was running poorly and would stall regularly. All the winching and starting killed it pretty quick. Now its running good and only uses power to winch. I just recharge my battery after every use. I have a auto battery though. I think its out of a honda or toyota with reversed posts. There is mention on this forum of good battery size choices.

+ Reply to Thread