Adair tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adair tracks

Adair tracks

I have been looking into Adair tracks. On the website, it mentions the cost includes new tires. I have a 2003 Bigfoot, with the rawhide tires. does anyone here know if I require new smaller tires, or can I get away with using my stock tires. My tires are in excellent condition.
    Also, how do the Adair tracks stack up against the rubber or plastic Argo tracks....

Rick

Here's a recent one you missed: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...red-adair.html

As far as the clearance issue...I'd love to know also. Seems like you'd need about 2" between the tire and tub.

rick iles

You can,t run the 25" inch stock tires that are on your bigfoot with the Adair tracks. What you need to consider is the distance between the top of the track and the lower tub. If the Adair tracks get too loose then take the chance of the tracks wearing a hole into the lower tub. Tim, who sells the Adair tracks , recommends running a wear strip that is attached to the lower tub ,right above the tracks. This way if the tracks become too loose they make contact with the wear strip instead of the lower tub. MightymaxIV was running the 25 inch rawhide tires on his 2011 Argo Frontier with Adair tracks , but this left him with only about an inch of track clearance between the lower tub. MightymaxIV later switched to the 24" inch Argo tires and now has almost 2 " inches of tub clearance. The 24 inch tire also allows for a lower gear ratio because of the smaller diameter tire. If you are wanting to run the Adair tracks on an Argo Bigfoot, Tim told me that the 22 inch Argo tire is a much better choice. This will give you about 2 inches of track clearance, and even more gear reduction.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-08-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I have been looking into Adair tracks. On the website, it mentions the cost includes new tires. I have a 2003 Bigfoot, with the rawhide tires. does anyone here know if I require new smaller tires, or can I get away with using my stock tires. My tires are in excellent condition.
    Also, how do the Adair tracks stack up against the rubber or plastic Argo tracks....

Rick
    Your are going to need a set of 22" tires on the Bigtfoot to run Adair tracks, However the combined ride height will be almost the same as the 25" rawhides, and the 22" tires will provide a nice gear reduction, as for a comparison between rubber tracks and Adair tracks there is none, the hands down winner on an Argo Bigfoot is the Adair track, this video speaks a thousand words:

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 12-03-2011 at 09:06 PM.

hello people never posted before, but a few of these questions i have an answer for. I just got my adair tracks installed on my 02 bigfoot. you will need smaller tires than the rawhides. call adair argo and talk to them about it, tim is very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.you will need a set of 22" tires to make it work with the bigfoot. as far as how they stand up against other tracks I don't know, but what i can tell you is your machine will not work as hard as with tires. my rig now turns easy in all conditions and easily goes thru mud holes that were impassilbe with tires. I got mine with 2" extensions for snow this winter and they work great they smooth the ride out as well, not as bumpy. a liitle slippery on rocks, but tuff as nails. It's a lot of money but i think they were well worth the investment. you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info...How do the Arairs handle heavy snow ? I have experience with the Argo super tracks, do the Adairs stack up well with them ? Is it necessary to have extensions on the wheel hubs ?

rick iles

Tim offers the wheel spacers in 2-4" inch sizes. A standard 14 " inch, Adair track with just a 5" inch ,flexable extension on the outside edge works really well in deep snow. If you need to run in really deep snow then a 2" inch wheel extention , a 2" inch track extension on the inside of the track , and another 5" inch extension on the outer edge of the track works extremely well in deep powdered snow. Because both the inner and outer edges of the track pivot , this really helps turning in deep powdered snow.

This video shows the performance of the Adair snow tracks in deep snow at high altitude.

This video shows how well the standard 14 " inch Adair tracks work in 3-4 foot of snow.

Last edited by mudbug3; 12-03-2011 at 09:12 PM.

2011-01-04 13.12.12.jpg2011-01-04 13.12.32.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Thanks for the info...How do the Arairs handle heavy snow ? I have experience with the Argo super tracks, do the Adairs stack up well with them ? Is it necessary to have extensions on the wheel hubs ?
    You can run the standard Adair tracks without moving your tracks out with wheel extensions, however you can get extensions for Adair tracks making them even wider to handle snow and even more durable than the standard 14 1/2 track, Rock Doc is adding these snow track extensions to his Adair tracks now so he will be able to test them in extreme winter conditions. Here's a couple of pictures of what an HDI looks like withn the snow extensions, I can only imagine how well they would work on a Bigfoot.

As you can see from picture number two the extensions don't touch the ground until you get into mud or snow, the machine still turns very well even with the extensions.

Roc Doc is the man now who will be able to answer the snow questions.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 12-03-2011 at 09:09 PM.

2011-01-01 12.46.47.jpg2011-01-01 12.46.14.jpg

A couple more pictures of Adair snow tracks

I am looking forward to some deep snow reviews. I am about to get my conquest back together after upgrading to the HD bearings. Tim is awesome to deal with and will have some of his tracks in the very near future.

+ Reply to Thread