Interco AquaTorque in 21x11-8 interest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interco AquaTorque in 21x11-8 interest?

Interco AquaTorque in 21x11-8 interest?

Hi guys. I've seen and do like the aggressive aquatorque tires, though shoe-horning them on my attexes will not be an option. I did send an E-Mail to Pattie at Interco, pcampbell@intercotire.com asking if there will be a possible run, and expressing interest. Anyone else who would be interested? Please shoot an E-mail too. While I'm sure they will swim less than say Argo tires they look like a good heavy mud/swimmer compromise.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I think a 22x12x8 or 22x11x8 would be a more popular size than 21" and it would still fit most smaller machines like Attexes and Max IIs. I'd be in on that!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I think a 22x12x8 or 22x11x8 would be a more popular size than 21" and it would still fit most smaller machines like Attexes and Max IIs. I'd be in on that!
    I want 22x16x8 aquatorque fat cats!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Any tire that's 16-18 inches wide would be awesome!!

But what has to be done to make a tire in a new size? Won't that require tooling completely new molds? We're talking alot of money here.....
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post

But what has to be done to make a tire in a new size? Won't that require tooling completely new molds? We're talking alot of money here.....
    IMHO,if there is not enough demand for tires like the runamuk or the closed chevron carlisles to be in production using existing tooling,we will never see anything new. Except for tires like the new "Argo" tires that a customer will (can) commit to large volume annual purchases.

Joe.

Actually mentioned 21 OR 22 in E-Mail, I'd rather 22 but if they consider either...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I'd be game for some, though no idea where to get wide enough rims.

Me or a few guys buying some would never get the molds done. But if we show interest, and they see interest elsewhere.... Each E-mail is one more closer to a possible tire.

I know getting these done is a long shot. There is not a huge demand on this size, but enough interest can get something going...

This would be perfect for Recreatives to use on their Max II since the 22" Goodyear Rawhide III is discontinued. If they folks at RI emailed them, that would have a lot of pull.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Personally, I would much rather see the Vampire ASX in a smaller size. From what I've seen it seems to be the best all around AATV tire.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Personally, I would much rather see the Vampire ASX in a smaller size. From what I've seen it seems to be the best all around AATV tire.
    That's absolutely right. I'd prefer them over the Aquatorques as well.

This would be perfect for Recreatives to use on their Max II since the 22" Goodyear Rawhide III is discontinued. If they folks at RI emailed them, that would have a lot of pull.
    That would be absolutely true. I have no contact at RI, but if someone were able to catch an ear, and they liked the idea then who knows what would happen.

As for ASX vs. Aquatorque, I don't know what would perform better overall, as I have never ran either. I only though that while the ASX did swim better than other vamps, it still was not that good. I know that "Good" is a relative term depending on expectations, and also different machines swim differently with the same tires so....?

Really I'd be game for a smaller version of either. Long shot as it is, I'm gonna keep trying!

+ Reply to Thread