Tank Project Control Rods to the T-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Project Control Rods to the T-20

Tank Project Control Rods to the T-20

Here is Version 'A' of the T-20 control rods in the tank project.
    The middle 2 levers are to be bolted directly to the popsicle sticks and then go under the grab bar (they are shown going over it) with throttle on the right side one. The diamond levers are controlled by the handles on the outside of the band-brake levers. All these angles seem to "work", so now it is time to refine them. I know theBuggyMan likes his FWD/REV levers to be next to each other for convenience. The would be a possible 5th lever for the disc brakes which could appear on the grab bar, on the floor as a pedal, or elsewhere. Any other ideas?
    Attached Images

Looks good Bob. I'm a little confused on how the "steering" levers attach to the pop cycle sticks. Is there a pivot, and connecting rod?
    Where is your throttle going to be located, foot or hand control?

More or less, I am thinking of more-or-less bolting the levers to the popsicle sticks so that there are no pivot points other than the middle of the popsicle stick. If the details don't work out on that, then maybe I pivot the levers at the floor under the popsicle sticks and have a horizontal link between the lever and popsicle stick's link hole - whick I now have at the top of the popsicle stick.

Throttle will be a hand grip on the right-side lever, just like your MaxII.

BTW, feet will be cramped, so best to use as much hand control as possible.

EDIT - oh, I see, you wonder how could you get a comfortable hand grip angle with the funny motion the levers would be making!

My experience with the subject is that the pivot points on the laterals should be on the floor of the vehicle with a throw of 1 to 2 feet.
    Banned

I have to agree. The pivot point should probably be on the floor, maybe on the angle iron that crosses in front of the seat. I probably had the original idea to try keeping the floor clear in case the driver needs to squirm around and stretch his legs, so to keep that option, I might put the popsicle sticks upside down again so their link hole is near the floor and try keeping the links almost on the floor. Thanks.

Hi. I haven't posted in a while, but the tank project continues. Here are tracks I am making:
    http://i62.tinypic.com/zmnsdc.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/ndrn2u.jpg

Nice work Bob !!

It has been a long time. The tank project moved ahead, but then stalled, and then was cancelled. I will be looking to liquidate the T-20 and the Comet.

+ Reply to Thread