How much snow do you have?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much snow do you have?

How much snow do you have?

On the south west coast of B.C. we have a great big zero. The temp. today was 15c freezing level is about 6000feet. And our local ski resort Mt. Washington is calling it quits. lack of snow. And my conquest is sitting in the shop all geared up for snow. We may have to move north. The pineapple express is giving us some very warm weather.

We had temps almost reaching 50f yesterday. It melted a good 3-4inches of the white fluffy stuff down. Only about 18" remains on the ground where the snow wasn't piled high. The big piles still remain as big piles though, and my hard packed driveway is still unscene, but is now a sheet of ice.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

We probably have less than 14"of snow left on ground besides the piles. Driveway is a sheet of ice and every path is to. We hit almost 50 yesterday. Raining now. I wish I had the 6x6 together.

This mornings temps -23C,three and a half feet on the ground,another foot on the way by the weekend,had lots of wind yesterday so drifts six feet deep everywhere we have had measurable ground cover since mid November with a weekish melt down first week of December but it came back with a vengeance,been a real cold mid Jan thru Feb,not many days above -14C says we will continue this till March,been plowing snow and haulin firewood in and ash,s out to tell you the truth I dream about pullin the pins on the tracks and going barefoot but that,s a month and a half off or so,send some of that warmer stuff to Ontario Tucker.NCT

Against the advice of the locals who told us we didn't fully understand just how much snow 10ft can be, we built a cabin in one of the snowiest areas around. So far we've had a couple inches, which melted and several days of 60+ degree weather and rain for the last few days. This is at 5000ft in the Sierras. At least it keeps the propane bill low.

TOO MUCH ...... Well we have about 2- 2.5 feet of light snow at least that's going for us here just south of Boston RT 24 -RT 495 .... After being behind the curve by not staying on top of last weeks snow it took the first pass to be opened up with the tractor the Argo was able to take it from there and I have since stayed ahead of things ...Still getting snow here but will take another pass at it in the AM .. It really surprised me to see that it will loss traction long before she losses power to push this light snow ... even if I am foolish enough to get it in high gear it still plows with no bogging ,,, New sport Speed Plowing ?
    Stay Safe All
    BG

3 ft of powder in the woods here in southern me and still snowing

We got a bunch up here in Maine, I think it has snowed every three days for three weeks. close to 4 ft. on the ground right now, and still snowing, with another storm for Thursday and Sunday. my argo 650 hd with adair pro tracks and extensions is having some difficulty navigating it. The snow came so fast and so much there is no bottom to it, it runs good in a straight line but turning can be a little tough without digging a hole. If things don't change soon (a warm up) I will be stuck running the snowmobile trails.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    This mornings temps -23C,three and a half feet on the ground,another foot on the way by the weekend,had lots of wind yesterday so drifts six feet deep everywhere we have had measurable ground cover since mid November with a weekish melt down first week of December but it came back with a vengeance,been a real cold mid Jan thru Feb,not many days above -14C says we will continue this till March,been plowing snow and haulin firewood in and ash,s out to tell you the truth I dream about pullin the pins on the tracks and going barefoot but that,s a month and a half off or so,send some of that warmer stuff to Ontario Tucker.NCT
    Our winters seam to be coming later and later ever year. I have lived here for the last 60 years and we use to get a nice white Christmas, but that has not happened in a long time. Last year it was not until mid feb. when we findlay saw some snow.
    Some of us have been working on a trail up into the mountains here so we can get above the tree line. We can only use it if there is at least three feet of snow because its so rough and steep. Right now there is no snow at all. When the snows do,s come it can snow three feet in a night. I will have to sit and wait have another beer then wait some more. I sold my old Tucker snow cat because it just was not particle around here. To big for the trails and to heavy, I sure did not want to go off road with it. With the conquest if gives me the freedom to wonder.

It was 76 Fahrenheit here in Texas today, By lunch I was wearing short sleeves and came close to Bermuda shorts. No snow this year at all, had some blustery days around freezing for 5-6 days, then it warmed up.

The problem here is we are in draught mode. I live on a lake and its 14' low and dropping daily, the lake is at 50%. Dry conditions also mean some of my favorite swamps are just dust bowls now, hence no videos recently.

It does appear there is global warming going on. Yes we do have cool weather here (remember the Superbowl a few years back) but its a rarity to have a week of temps that drop to freezing at night.

I just hope we have some good rains prior to the Mud Nats.

+ Reply to Thread