Chain Slap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chain Slap

Chain Slap

I have tracks on my 750 HDI. I was on the trail today and noticed chain slap. What can I do to improve my machine to minimize slap? I did a search but didn't find what I wanted.

The Adair track tuners are supposed to help. Member Plotthound and myself both have sets for sale.
    Check out these threads for some info.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...k-tention.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...ck-tuners.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...tire-size.html

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Did they work for you? I have the 18" rubber tracks. Will they fit?

they work very well with my HDI on rubber tracks. I'm not going to advertise mine until argo jim sells his.

I was looking at them on the Adair site. Does a tuner go on each wheel or just select ones?

also i was wondering if you guys running tuners notice any power gain from the center wheels not driving ? johnboy va.

on an 8 wheeler tuners go on the 4 center wheels so only the corner wheels are driving the track.to me they eliminate a lot of the the drivetrain noise and the machine feels looser and less sluggish.and yes I do notice a bit of power gain.

When you say the center wheels don't drive, doesn't that put a lot of strain on the others causing them to fail?

i think i remember buzz commenting about tracks,tuners , et c. that the center wheels don't really help drive the tracks alot because the amount of tire surface on the track is not alot. whereas the tracks wrap around the end tires and that's where a majority of the ''grip'' on the tracks comes from. i think that's how he explains it. anyway on my max 2 with tracks ( 6 wheels each side ) i'm going to experiment with and remove the center wheels for a test run to see how the machine performs ( turning, power gain, etc. ) tires slip easier in the composite style tracks so i never have much issues with chain windup. just curious to see how it does. wiil report back..........johnboy va.

Johnboy va, I bought same machine last summer put Argo rubber track on in Nov., top end dropped from 20 +/- to 11-12. I got a set of track tuners in Dec. after I installed top end up to 15-16. They definetly made a difference, machine just feels looser not 'bound up'. Worth the $.

+ Reply to Thread