Argo Frontier with outboard motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Frontier with outboard motor

Argo Frontier with outboard motor

I have an Argo Frontier with a 9.8 hp outboard motor on the back. We operate it in very sandy conditions and river current. We are experiencing problems with sand being drawn into the water intake and clogging it . Have any of you experience any problems similar to this? We are looking for a solution.

Long shaft or short shaft? Stock motor mount? .....maybe the water condition you run in ? Sorry not much help just thinking out loud as to causes...watching this for others input ...worn pump on your outboard ? ....
    Make of outboard?

I have experience with that Buy a mud buddy motor, or a gatortail motor. Mount one of them and it will end all those issues and you will still have power. go devil is another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by BW3 View Post
    Long shaft or short shaft? Stock motor mount? .....maybe the water condition you run in ? Sorry not much help just thinking out loud as to causes...watching this for others input ...worn pump on your outboard ? ....
    Make of outboard?
    Long shaft and sandy shallow rivers with thousands of sand bars. Thinking the only option is an air cooled motor.

I think that will be the way to go. Do you have or have you seen one of those motors mounted on the back of an Argo?

Sell your Argo, buy a Hydratrek, never have to worry about sand clogging anything from that day forward.

All it takes is money. ��

I don't think there's an easy, cheap fix for this. Inboard, outboard or I/O set up will not tolerate sand ingestion very well. What the southern folks call Mud Motors may be the only reasonable solution. I think their claim to fame is use of air cooled engine as opposed to handling raw water for cooling.

I have the 23 hp light, mud buddy I love it no impeller, and it’s a vanguard motor which is the same as my max 4

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    I have the 23 hp light, mud buddy I love it no impeller, and it’s a vanguard motor which is the same as my max 4
    On an Argo? It would seem that a vanguard motor hanging off the back would be heavier than a small outboard.

+ Reply to Thread