Looking to put a new motor(possibly a predator)in my Max 2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking to put a new motor(possibly a predator)in my Max 2

Looking to put a new motor(possibly a predator)in my Max 2

Hi was looking for suggestions on an inexpensive motor for my Max 2. I have seen some pretty well priced Briggs Sratton 16 and 18 hp engines on line but has anyone put a 22hp Predator in their Max. Was in Harbour Frieght today and with a 25% off coupon the Predator 22hp would be very doable for my favourite lil 6x6. Anyone ever done this and know if their are any issues i should look out for. Basically reteaching myself engines because everything I once knew has been put in a fog from T.B.I. and other military related injuries. Any help with issues, advice, compatibility, or if it's even a good idea would be most appreciated. If it isn't too difficult it would hopefully fix any issue I am having an add some extra horses to literally my favourite ride ever!!!

The predator fits just fine. Just put one in my Max II build.

From what I've read, the only real issue is the charging system. not that they have issues, but they are only 3 amp. if you want to run any extra lights or accessories you may want to consider an external alternator
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I run LED lights, light bars, winches, etc. and never had a dead battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    good to know!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Ia that with or without an add on altenator??

No alternator.

Did the exhaust hook up or did you have to modify it? I am thinking about putting a Predator in my MaxII just for the extra HP.

I made a custom 2in1 header using bullfrogs kit going to stock side exit location.

That looks pretty slick. The header wrap is a good idea for heat reduction as well. Good job on that and thanks for the pic.

+ Reply to Thread