Brake clunking

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake clunking

Brake clunking

I’m new to Argos, I bought a 2019 avenger huntmaster 8x8. I love the machine! I wish I had of bought one 10 years ago.
    Since I’m new I wanted to check if clunking in the steering brakes is normal as you are turning? It makes sense that it would be but just want to make sure.

I don't know the answer, but i assure you, a reply from anyone on this site is a borderline miracle weather they know it or not !!! GOOD LUCK !!!
    Likely the most anti social forum on the internet.
    Hunt Master …. das noice !!!!

a reply from anyone on this site is a borderline miracle weather they know [the answer] or not
    Likely the most anti social forum on the internet.
    Argonewf as a member of this site for only a few years, I find your statements offensive. It has been my experience that people on this site are friendly and will go out of their way to help fellow members in the 6x6 hobby. I have had numerous great experiences in getting, and giving help, and trading parts and such - all on the honor system. Out of curiosity, I looked back at your personal experience in posting and asking questions. You have gotten very quick and thoughtful responses, so I would expect you to have a more positive impression of this site and its membership.

Mr Dirtdobber sir I agree with what you are saying. Haven't been a member for long, but the wealth of knowledge on this site is astounding to say the least. Which is why I am always here reading. Damn near every problem you can have with an Argo, you will find the right cure/repair here somewhere. So if a response is not had, then you will find it in the forums. So yeah I can agree with you stating that you found the comment offensive. That's my opinion anyway. Cheers sir

Mr Novatrapper01 wondering if you removed the cover to expose the trans and chains, then drive it to see if there is anything noticeable. I recently did a small adjustment to my chains for a similar noise. Noise is gone now. Might be the the problem.

After 100 views you have received one reply to your question , & I have received two.
    It’s unfortunate it took my observation of the site dynamics to bring out even that much.
    A shout out to all the members messaging me. Keeping it real.
    I hope your issue is resolved.
    Maybe do a search in the search bar for information on your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Novatrapper01 View Post
    I’m new to Argos, I bought a 2019 avenger huntmaster 8x8. I love the machine! I wish I had of bought one 10 years ago.
    Since I’m new I wanted to check if clunking in the steering brakes is normal as you are turning? It makes sense that it would be but just want to make sure.
    Post a video, could be normal or more.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

my 2012 argo hdi clunks when turning but its the chains making the noise.

+ Reply to Thread