400 chief bearing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 400 chief bearing

Less'n it's a poorly stamped 78

gotcha thanks guys

so whats the best engine to run in these my 2 stoke is a real pain in the rear

That's a touchy question and really depends on what you are going to do with it. Personally, I like the Briggs 18 in my Attex. It's nice and reliable, makes plenty of torque, and does great on the trails. The 2-strokes are great go fast and scare the heck out of the neighbor engines, but are pretty noisy and not as trail friendly.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

That's a touchy question and really depends on what you are going to do with it. Personally, I like the Briggs 18 in my Attex. It's nice and reliable, makes plenty of torque, and does great on the trails. The 2-strokes are great go fast and scare the heck out of the neighbor engines, but are pretty noisy and not as trail friendly.
    yea ive noticed seems like it has fuel delivery issues at the moment will run fine then its just boggy i need reliable all day fun and power for the mudholes and trail riding maybe some small climbing

Quote Originally Posted by waynef570 View Post
    yea ive noticed seems like it has fuel delivery issues at the moment will run fine then its just boggy i need reliable all day fun and power for the mudholes and trail riding maybe some small climbing
    Drew is absolutely right, a Briggs Vanguard, either 16HP or 18HP would work great in your Attex. All you have to do is bolt the engine in, run the exhaust, swap in a 4 stroke driven clutch spring (red or green available from Recreatives), get your throttle and choke cables, wire it up, and get a 4 stroke drive clutch and your set. It's not a very difficult swap and it'll make your machine just as good as any new one out there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Drew is absolutely right, a Briggs Vanguard, either 16HP or 18HP would work great in your Attex. All you have to do is bolt the engine in, run the exhaust, swap in a 4 stroke driven clutch spring (red or green available from Recreatives), get your throttle and choke cables, wire it up, and get a 4 stroke drive clutch and your set. It's not a very difficult swap and it'll make your machine just as good as any new one out there.

wheres a good place to get all that stuff?
    Last edited by waynef570; 05-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Recreatives for the cables and clutch springs. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 I have a used 4 stroke driven clutch for sale that will work for you. Ebay or Craigslist for the Briggs Vanguard engine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

i need a throttle cable for my attex anyone know where to get one at a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by waynef570 View Post
    i need a throttle cable for my attex anyone know where to get one at a good price?
    You can go to Walmart and get a bike break cable kit. I've read of people doing that, but I always call Recreative Industries and just get a max IV cable and a new style throttle lever.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread