Attex ID and lineup!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attex ID and lineup!

Not a problem Don!!!

I think there may be some errors in there? The main thing Im confused about is the st400r. 400 ccw baker hill first generation attex. I have seen them so I know there right. But there are some st400(R)? Like Racerone3's that are t-20 machines 400jlo i believe?. Maybe thats just no "r" or?????? Did they forget that model?

I think Attex made two different machines with the same designation. The first generation ST400R is fairly common, but the T20 model that was listed with a 5-port JLO 400 and dual carbs is a rare find. I'm pretty sure I saw one once, but it was in 1972 and a lot's happened since then
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks guys!! LarryW, What is the one in your picture? Still, Who was Attex?
    Road? What road? I blaze my own trail!!!

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Quote Originally Posted by Frymechanic View Post
    Thanks guys!! LarryW, What is the one in your picture? Still, Who was Attex?
    Try this for starters.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...s-history.html

You can also try searching the posts on this site for more information.

They also made neat little pop up campers. I used one back in the day.

http://www.popupcamperhistory.com/atteximages.html
    Last edited by argohunter; 01-23-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added content

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Attex was a manufacture like argo and max.

The one in my picture is a 208tt. A stock 208tt had a rear exit exhaust, wire mesh hood and a 8 horse briggs with a higher engine mount then any other baker hill style attex. All other 1st generation machines are basicaly identical with just engine differences and few other minors like bearing style and stick shape but body and engine hood wise there all the same machine.

Thats good info! Thanks for the help guys!
    Well I finally found the numbers! They were burried under a lot of paint. They are: 73 JP15970. So, what do they mean? I assume the 73 is the year. But whats the rest? It is a 4 chain setup, side exhaust and I think a poly body. Whats the model? I forgot my camera today, so pics will come later.
    The other question I have is, is there a front chain tensioner kit with a spocket instead of a steel plate?
    Road? What road? I blaze my own trail!!!

If it is a 1973, then it is an ABS body. The front chain tensioners are "L" shaped pieces of steel with hard plastic sliders riveted onto them. If yours just has metal, the plastic sliders most likely wore off. You can make new ones out of hard white nylon cutting boards......Goodwill or any thrift store will usually have them kicking around for a buck or two.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread