New argo owner of a response

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New argo owner of a response

New argo owner of a response

So I noticed an old argo setting behind my preachers shop at his house and I asked about it, he told me to pick it up and its mine! Next chance I got I went and loaded it up. I got her home and first order of business was getting her to run. I ended up replacing the carb, because it was completely gummed up from ethanol(it had been sitting for 5 years). I also replaced the fuel lines and fuel pump. With a fresh tank of gas it turned over a couple time and she was alive! I was able to move around the yard for a little bit before chains started breaking. It had been sitting leaning forward so the chains were all rusted. I replaced the chains, made some custom argo Jack stands, and put a tube of grease in all the bearings. After some more driving around the yard we decided to test out if it would float! we loaded her up and took her out to my farm removed the floorboards and took to the water. After 2 hours of tooling around we only took on about a quart of water!! The next issue presented itself during the text run. The secondary clutch started coming apart, after further inspection someone had beat the crap out of the clutch, it was cracked and had thrown two of the nylon clutch slides. So the search for a Clutch was on, as I'm sure y'all already know argo clutches are HIGH!! So I started doing my research, I found a Polaris 800 rmk clutch is the same bore and uses the same with belt, the only difference is that the rmk clutch is 7/8" DIA. Larger. And you can buy them all day long on eBay for $60. So I got it on the way. I did some calculations and contacted the snowmobile belt engineer at Carlisle, and we concluded which belt would closest suit my application, but also that I would have to move my engine 3/4" to the rear(there are not a whole lot of belts that are the correct width/length one they get over 42" long). After receiving the clutch the offsed was different from the argo clutch by .900" so I machined a spacer and the alignment was perfect and the clutch clears all brake parts. I also machined a plate to move the engine ( since the frame in the ago was to small to move all 4 mounting holes). I got the machined plate in place tonight and am servicing my engine while I have it on the bench, and will be going back in with it tomorrow hopefully! I'll let yall know more tomorrow
    Attached Images

Congratulations. A lot of work. But you will know exactly what you have in the end.

+ Reply to Thread