scrambler axle bearing and seal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scrambler axle bearing and seal

scrambler axle bearing and seal

Hello We are replacing the front left axle right of our mkxll scrambler. Luckily the machine came with the parts manual and we found 6x6 world!

anyway the seal we took off ( usa 11141 c/r ) was easily found at the tractor store and auto part store but it is different. The one we took off the machine has a steel back on it where the new one has solid front also but the back is empty?? Two stores said this is the right part number for what we showed them. It almost looks like a steel ring was pressed into the seal.? The parts diagram just lists it as a seal.

any ideas??

FYI-- replaced a few chains with # 40 roller chain at Fleet Scrounged wheels and two tires. Purchased four new carlisle . replaced the pulse pump and fuel line. put a fuel bulb in the line to help it start. A replacement axle is being machined at my friends farm. He had earlier drilled the holes for the six adapter plates.

Good news is the new axle has been made. We finished up Saturday night. 1 3/16th diameter steel was purchased at the farm store.

Now when the snow melts this week I can uncover the scrambler and get it going again before winter. We had an early snow .

And I will post pix later....

The axle is on and after some adjustments with fuel we got it running again. So I drove it around the yard and got it to where it will probably spend the winter. Broke another chain but we have extra brand new chain and links on hand.

We have a video of us driving it but of course I can't get it loaded yet.

The big bearing on the axle was the toughest task. Had to make a tool and precision assembly ( difficult for me at best )

+ Reply to Thread