Where are you getting your chains?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where are you getting your chains?

Where are you getting your chains?

mine are getting pretty worn, rubbing on a cross bar, so I am thinking about replacing them, where are you getting good quality chains from?

Quote Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
    mine are getting pretty worn, rubbing on a cross bar, so I am thinking about replacing them, where are you getting good quality chains from?
    Diamond Chain is still available from Motion Industries and it's probably about the best for our needs, but it's gotten really expensive. D.I.D. is available through Rural King and many of us have had very good results with it. It's a Japanese import and very good quality for the money.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks, I'll look at them.

When I have replaced mine, I went to NAPA and got their HD Agri chain. Seems to be working out well! Don't cheap out, though. I had one box that wasn't HD and wound up replacing those ones last fall.

i bought some new chain at Canada bearing.was an off shore brand but very good quality.looks just like the Tsubaki brand.

I found some Tsubaki chain on ebay, 2 10ft RC50 and one 10ft RC40, I'll replace both sets of back chains for now and the chains off the transmission. I'll look at replacing the 4 front chains this winter, since they don't look quite as bad as the back ones. thanks.

Does anyone know if the Tsubaki roller chains are o-ring or not? which is better long term?

Quote Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
    I found some Tsubaki chain on ebay, 2 10ft RC50 and one 10ft RC40, I'll replace both sets of back chains for now and the chains off the transmission. I'll look at replacing the 4 front chains this winter, since they don't look quite as bad as the back ones. thanks.

Does anyone know if the Tsubaki roller chains are o-ring or not? which is better long term?
    #50 is standard, and 530 is the designation for o-ring chain of the "same" size (wider). there is some back an forth on which is better. o-ring should keep grit out longer, but will trap it in once it's in... personally, i just run good quality 50 and have very few issues
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Everything I purchased is the Tsubaki RS50 and RS40 so sounds like this will be ok. Thanks.

When you replace the plastic tension pads (riding on the longer chains) do you just wait till the chains wear into the pad a certain amount? Last I looked there wasn't much wear on the pads.

One of the chains are covered in this sticky coating.....cosmoline or something like that, what is the best way to clean it off? I'm guessing it needs to come off prior to installing.

+ Reply to Thread