Forward facing back seat.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forward facing back seat.

Forward facing back seat.

I know there are kits to make a forward facing back seat. But I was wondering if anyone has done a diy back seat? I also thought about just getting one of those drop in liners, and building a back seat out of 1x. something I can put in and out real easy like. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would just build one out of 1/2" RHS.

if you take a look at the stock brackets to hold the seat to the frame - it's just made out of some bent sheet metal.

One you have the two brackets in - just bolt your seat frame to the top...
    Last edited by mitchamus; 09-04-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo

you can see the two brackets in this pic:

So are those just bolted to the frame? That looks like I'll loose the bed with that set up. That picture help a lot. Thanks.

When you get to the cushion upholstery part of the diy. Check into school bus seats. Our company uses buses and we get them cheap at the local scrap recycler. I was able to take some seats and they are a tad narrow but work. Not sure gow argo compares to attex. The bottom part works good for the backrest and seat part as the back rest on a bus is tall. I figure if I ever want to I could use the foam and outer vinyl material if I wanted to make a better fit seat. Probably pick them up cheap at a metal shredder near you. Just an idea.

Good idea Larry. Thanks ill keep that in mind.

I did my seat, connected by pins to existing holes, easy out for access to the floor boards. Very solid and comfortable. Let me know if u want the details.

Hi Paul
    I would be interested in how you fastened it to the frame. Thinking about doing this to my Conquest.
    Any pictures would be appreciated...

I put a 2x10 board, cut to fit across the rear side bench seats, in our Avenger. The
    passengers then hold on to the upper frame of the front bench seat for safety.
    This board can be slid back and forth for proper leg room, and it can be removed
    at will. We used a few personal floatation vests as seat cushions.

The seat has back support and is easily removable. The red arrows are the pin locations holding the unit in.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul219; 10-14-2013 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread