WD-40

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WD-40

WD-40

On the older models..If i remember correctly argo recommended to use wd 40 on the clutch sliders and to spray some in the clutches {not where the belt rides] and to also spray electrical parts like the fuse panel.. did not see this in my owners manual for the hdi's...Are you guys familiar with this and are you still using wd-40?..My last argo was 10 years old and i never replaced the clutches and the sliders looked nearly new.

tracmaster

Personally, I would never use WD40 on my clutches, I prefer to use a good dry Graphite Spray. For wireing I use di-electric grease on the connections.

RD

anybody who runs a boat in the sea water uses wd or somthing similar on everthing to keep from rusting
    maybe the same reason, salt on roads maybe ? keep from corrosion ?
    WD-40 was created in 1953 by Norm Larsen. It was originally designed to prevent corrosion caused by water — the WD stands for “water displacement.” Norm’s 40th formula was successful and that’s where the “40″ comes from.

I would not spray wd40 near my clutches,

However I fund it makes the body nice and shiney.

Tracmaster, does your name refer to an st4b?

Please explain st4b..

HI
    Spray or sachet of dielectric grease for electrical terminal plugs etc
    Powder graphite or a Teflon PTFE spray ,allow to dry rotate clutch spray again
    A spray that is a liquid and is a non drying type will eventually migrate to the belt area .

tomo

Quote Originally Posted by tracmaster View Post
    Please explain st4b..
    The st4b track master is a vintage tracked vehicle.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by tracmaster View Post
    Please explain st4b..
    They are vintage track machines designed primarily for use in snow, they havea wider and longer track than the st4

WD 40 is great for about anything even wiring.

W-water
    D-displacement
    40- 40th attempt

Did you know the primary ingredient in WD40 is...................fish oil. I love fish oil!

+ Reply to Thread