Rubber tracks from R. S. Bolduc

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rubber tracks from R. S. Bolduc

Rubber tracks from R. S. Bolduc

Does any one have much experience with the 20" wide rubber tracks from R. S. Bolduc in Quebec? There is a set available here from a conquest that I may end up installing on another vehicle. The guy selling them said that being one piece there very difficult to install. I've done a lot of one piece max tracks but I looked at these and the guides are long. Pros and cons they look like a great track. My first thought would be to put a pinned splice kit in.

Looked into trying a set several years ago, but I emailed them and they weren't willing to ship to AK? I have tested 20" wide camoplast tracks, and they're similar to argo rubber tracks (little more aggressive). Same goes for the buldocs I would think, although they've got a slightly larger footprint than the argo tracks as well as metal guides. I believe the rubber belting is a bit more heavy duty too, so I believe they weigh a little more. Typical rubber track traits should remain, and they'll work well in the winter. They will be a bear to skid-turn any other season. Buldoc does have some nice welded spacers if those come as part your deal. You could always pull the tire valves and collapse the corner tires during install. Remove one tire/rim on the corner and put it between the guides, then install over the axle. You can use a pipe through the rim and into the wheel spacer to get the rim over the lug studs.
    I remember seeing those tracks for sale a while back, and they were a pretty good deal if I remember correctly

Spacers were lost with stolen vehicle but tracks were off at the time. The owner said they were great in snow and a bear to steer on dirt. His install process included pulling rear chains to get studs lined up on rear tire. Thanks for input.

I like the splice idea, put on an early set of 1 piece Argo tracks after asking if he wanted the splice and said no. Max's are easier and a large persuader is needed, no chains would help, too much gription.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Does any one have much experience with the 20" wide rubber tracks from R. S. Bolduc in Quebec? There is a set available here from a conquest that I may end up installing on another vehicle. The guy selling them said that being one piece there very difficult to install. I've done a lot of one piece max tracks but I looked at these and the guides are long. Pros and cons they look like a great track. My first thought would be to put a pinned splice kit in.
    I have them. Didn't get to use them every year but installed them as the one piece unit for 2 or 3 years. Jacked machine up,have driver power one side forward start track over rear wheel and walk with it to the front, push on side of track at front with a piece of 2x4 and follow to the rear as the track goes on with both the front and rear wheel flat. Not too hard with a driver/helper.If you threw a track in the woods i would be ticked! Bolduc has an installation movie that is worth watching. I have his spacers and larger tension slider pads. I have used them a lot this year with great success but my Argo dealer put Argo track joiners onto the tracks last fall and I am glad that he did.

+ Reply to Thread