Body band questions?????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body band questions?????

Body band questions?????

I just purchased a Max II. It is a 2006 model. I want to add a winch and some other things. I have looked at this site for a couple of days and have seen many pictures of body bands of Max IV and some other 6 wheelers, even a few Max II's.

My question is, on the Max II pictures I have looked at it seems that there is no band on the inside of the tub. It looks to me that you need a flat piece of steel running around the inside of the lower tub, maybe 3" wide, then a 2x2 angle iron on the outside sandwiching the body between them. Probably put bolts ever 18" or so. It seems that 1/8" thickness would be plenty, but I could be mistaken.

Is my thinking right, or am I way off base with this.

Also, I am looking for axle braces. I would like to add a snow blade and from what I have read so far axle braces are necessary. If they are, where in the world, short of going to a machine shop and paying my friend to fabricate them, would I find axle braces for a Max II?

Thanks.

Most just do the visible band on the outside and large fender washers on the bottom side . This cage was involved in a nasty high speed rollover(s) and only pulled 2 bolts loose

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/memb...aftermath.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/max-...aftermath.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/max-...aftermath.html
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks racerone3. I will think about that. I was also considering putting the angle iron all the way around on the outside, and just an inside piece of steel across the front and back and two short pieces at intermittent places on both sides. That would be easier than a band all the way around the inside, not as strong, but a lot easier.

Hydromike and I both did a band sandwiched between the body halves on our Attex tank trainers, but it was only done to add body support.

tons of work, and on a POLY bodied machine I don't think you would ever need to go that far
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

racerone3 I looked at the pictures in your link and have a question. It appears as though you mounted the angle iron body band on the top part of the max ii body shell, where the two pieces come together. Is that correct, and if so did you just use washers on the other side or is there some steel reinforcement? If this is mounted this way, you have to remove the body band to separate the two pieces of the body. Does that make maintenance more difficult?

Thanks

Papa G.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa G. View Post
    racerone3 I looked at the pictures in your link and have a question. It appears as though you mounted the angle iron body band on the top part of the max ii body shell, where the two pieces come together. Is that correct, and if so did you just use washers on the other side or is there some steel reinforcement? If this is mounted this way, you have to remove the body band to separate the two pieces of the body. Does that make maintenance more difficult?

Thanks

Papa G.
    all of my cages mount on the top of the body lip. bolts pass through both body halves and then through fender washers. you could also use some 1 inch flat strap instead of washers to spread the load more

+ Reply to Thread