Hagen transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hagen transmission

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Can you please provide some detailed images of said breather?

I have been somewhat into mine of late, I removed one of the annular pistons to check if I could remove clutches or not.

So far no luck I've got to split my case to get at the clutches

I've got a slightly different feel on one side compared to the other too, my LH side seems to drive forward more than the right or the right slips more when fully engaged in forward direction. My leavers do not LOCK they have to be pushed forward constantly.

Here are some pics of it disassembled as I've said.

First this decal was made up just for me and the machine! LOL

Now onto the clutches and transmission shots, here is the bearing cap, and lock nut holding shaft in place and annular piston in place

Once you remove the cap and big nut, and six retaining Allen head bolts, you remove the annular piston by pushing on the control leaver forcing it outward which then slides out as you can see here

The torrington bearing in that first pic actually rides against the piston on the dark ring

There is a gear as seen here inside the transmission, it's what the small swash plate rides against, and the bearing then the piston

Removed that gear and this is what it looks like

After that you can clearly see the clutch packs inside and NO I cannot access them at all sadly.

After all this a little cleaning and some reassembly and I was done with my investigation.

However I did do a small video of the function of the annular piston!

Here is the video or a link to it LOL
    Hagen Transmission clutches and annular piston function - YouTube

That's what I've gotten so far, now I've gotta work on some clutches for the Kubota

Spoke to a fellow who says a Commet 780 Primary clutch and 860 Secondary clutch would work well the 780 with a green spring set for 1075 RPM egagement.

Nuff for now on this Hagen!
    I split one of my Hagens today. Other one is still in the machine but I haven't been able to get it to work. I need to figure out how to bleed the control valves and lines going to the annular pistons. Im using controls from a ridge runner for testing and att fluid in the Hagen as well as the control valves. The inside of the Hagen is simple. Clutch packs and gears. Any suggestions on bleeding controls or recommended fluid?

firzt things first.

i would be interested in aquiring one of your hagens if that is a possibility. PM me if it is I want to build an 8x8 with one.

second

are you abzolutely certain the controls are in good working order?

third

seeing as this is not bleeding brakes grease on bleeder threads to seal is acceptable.

I use a 9 litre vacuum pump to draw fluid through system attached to bleeder nipples. Any vacuum bleeder would suffice.

once I pass plenty of fluid I tighten down bleeder and test for operation.

as my controls are slightly different than yours I dont know if you can pump bleed with yours.

I cqn with mine but what a pita.

it takes time and effort but once done its great stuff.

good luck with it please post pics and feel free to ask questions.

pm me I will provide my cell no we can talk on phone and work through details.

Al
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Riot-
    Well, I finally got things working. My Trailblazer is alive. The Ridge Runner controls loop the hose from the reservoir to the cylinders in an upward fashion. I had an air bubble trapped in the top of the loop. No vac to pull it through, just had to disconnect it and let it flow. I've still got the other Hagen apart. Yours looks perfect inside. I ended up using atf in my trans and controls. As its cold here and I've only put a couple miles on the machine so far, I've no idea about heat buildup. I can take pics and send them to you if you'd like. I'll pm you my number.

I have a Ridge Runner Trail Boss with a Hagen Transmission w/ JLO 440.

I believe the engine might be junk.

Looking at putting a two cylinder diesel in it. How difficult will this be?

I have attached a few photos.

thanks

bump

Your machine is mkre a snowmobile that atv

It would be better to find another two stroke in my opinion rather than diesel.

No diesel will have the rpm u need for that to go...it would likely need reclutching both primary and secondary clutches to evwn begin to be reasonable.

Where r u located?

Want to sell it??
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread