New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 722 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 463 513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Clodhopper here, newbie from Arkansas. I bought ten of those in various stages of completion at auction. This was in late seventies i still have some of the hose reels, trailers and may have parts manuals I kept a couple until a few years ago then sold what I had left to Shoson, inc in Harper, Kansas. They may still have parts for them, been a long time. Good machines. Some had Wisconsin gas and some had Perkins 4-108 diesels. Most trouble I had was chain slipping. Finally ran a trunion bar inside. I don't get on net often, but if I can help, let me know.

Ten KIDs?! Very cool! If I had all of those, it would have been very difficult for me to part with them. Welcome to the site, guys!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hello! I just got a 6X6 and WOW! I will NEVER go back in these NC swamps Two wheels short again! I have been reading a lot of the how too stuff on here, and have already learned so much. I look forward to learning more! Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the site. You aren't far away from Goldsboro. If you are free this weekend you should try to make the 6x6 ride there at the Busco Beach ATV park. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-7-2013-a.html

Howdy
    i am new to 6x6 world.. I had a chaparral 6 wheeler as a kid and would like to find another one.... I'm also the Mayor of our city Menomonie, WI. and I am looking for a couple of machines to adapt algae fighting equipment on to get in and out of our bays...I also sing in a barbershop quartet called CHIPS look us up on line at chipsbarbershopquartet.com If any of you are going past on Interstate I-94 look me up and I will give you a Menomonie welcome..... We are located 60 miles straight east of Minneapolis MN. but in Wisconsin... 200 miles straight west of Madison, WI. Is there any 6 wheeler events around my area?

Howdy Randy,

Welcome to the site. There are several members in your general area. You may want to search the "Local 6x6 World Members" forum to see if there is a thread for WI or MN members yet. If not, you may want to start one and see who is close by. Good to have you on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by randy knaack View Post
    Howdy
    i am new to 6x6 world.. I had a chaparral 6 wheeler as a kid and would like to find another one.... I'm also the Mayor of our city Menomonie, WI. and I am looking for a couple of machines to adapt algae fighting equipment on to get in and out of our bays...I also sing in a barbershop quartet called CHIPS look us up on line at chipsbarbershopquartet.com If any of you are going past on Interstate I-94 look me up and I will give you a Menomonie welcome..... We are located 60 miles straight east of Minneapolis MN. but in Wisconsin... 200 miles straight west of Madison, WI. Is there any 6 wheeler events around my area?
    Welcome to the site, Randy! That's quite a background of information you have there. I just checked out your website and your Youtube videos. You guys are very talented! The Chaparrals were good machines, but the one major flaw of them was that their thin ABS bodies were very susceptible to cracking. Was yours a white or an orange one? They pop up every now and then on Craigslist and when us members find a deal we usually post it in the ebay/craigslist/classified section here on 6X6World. As far as machines that could be used for algae fighting, the Recreatives Max Buffalo Truck comes to mind. Give Galen a call up at Recreatives. He's a great guy to talk to and he'll most certainly help you out and chit chat about vintage 6 wheelers too. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

And here's a cool vintage pic of a Chaparral 6 wheeler.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hi! I’m Terry. I’m from Dillingham, AK, which is 327 air miles SW of Anchorage. No roads in or out of our community… if you want to get here you have to hop a plane or stowaway on one of the barges.

By way of introduction, I am a family man (wife, three kids: 10, 13 and 22) of 46 years young. Predictably, in living in rural AK, my spare time finds me hunting, fishing and trapping as often as I can, and I do a bit of taxidermy on the side. Also, my family is heavily involved in our church. (Dillingham Bible Fellowship- Southern Baptist)

I have a lot of experience with other types of machines (4 wheelers, snowmachines; my 1985 Fourtrax 2x4 is a beast when it comes to snow plowing... honest) but this is my first time as an Argo owner. I’m a utilitarian type- it’s all about function and for me that usually refers to how it ties to hunting.

Thanks to all those on this site who contribute their experiences and expertise so newbies like me can hopefully shorten the learning curve just a bit.

P.S. The caribou was the latest hunting adventure, from a couple of weeks ago. The wind chill was -35.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by AK_Taxidermist; 04-08-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum and thanks for such a great introduction. Since you are so isolated, did you purchase your Argo from someone locally or did you have it shipped in?

I found it on Craigslist- Anchorage. I had previously had good success with Craigslist, having purchased 2 snowmachines and my Fourtrax on there. (and they all worked out well) I had a friend (who is a mechanic) who happened to be in Anchorage when this was for sale. He went by and looked it over and took it for a test spin. To get it to me it was shipped in via air cargo. I could have opted for the barge and saved a bit... but this was faster.

Very cool. That worked out well for you.

+ Reply to Thread