Argo Avenger 2006 Clutch Nylon Sliders

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger 2006 Clutch Nylon Sliders

Argo Avenger 2006 Clutch Nylon Sliders

Having problems shifting the transmission. The owners manual says this is a clutch issue and the repair should be done by a dealer as special tools are required. I am 4 hrs from a dealer. Any input regarding clutch slider replacement and tools needed will be a great help.

Which transmission? (I think avengers had 2 choices in 2006?)
    What sort of problem?

Clutch maintenance/repair is pretty easy* once you've seen it all done. Rock Doctor posted videos so that we can see it done. Search for clutch videos.

* Okay, there are some cases, such as real bad corrosion, that can make any job extremely frustrating and make a guy daydream of thermite.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x8 View Post
    Having problems shifting the transmission. The owners manual says this is a clutch issue and the repair should be done by a dealer as special tools are required. I am 4 hrs from a dealer. Any input regarding clutch slider replacement and tools needed will be a great help.
    Both the primary and secondary clutch are very easy to remove and basically come off as one piece. I bet you could ship the to the dealer and have them rebuild. I did this when I had an Avenger to have my clutch weights changed for high altitude.

secondary clutch is quite easy to rebuild, i have taken it apart a few times out in the field already. keep having problems with the bushing, clutch dont want to shift back down when hittin a mud hole or steering.

+ Reply to Thread