Best bang for the buck 3000lbs winch?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best bang for the buck 3000lbs winch?

Best bang for the buck 3000lbs winch?

So, what is the best bang for the buck 3000-4000 lb ATV winch? Every winch appears to have their own varying spects, on just about everything I've noticed a real variance in speed from 156/1 to 190/1, which is the best. Aircraft SS cable or galvanized. Plastic or steel cases. 7ft remote or 12' remote. Toggle switch to handle bar switch. Everything seems to be different on each winch. HP to amps. Accessories. 42' cable to 52' cable with varying widths. Warranties, their everywhere. My old winch needs to be replaced, but I have no idea what to buy.

I just get the cheapo harbor freight job using a coupon. They work well and spool pretty fast too.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    Amazon 3000lb superwinch for 123

Synthetic cable.

Warn with synthetic cable and a 40 ft synthetic extention...when things get tough you need the best.... I have seen in person cheap winches smoke and die first time used... Rocky Mountain ATV has the best prices..

tracmaster

Quote Originally Posted by russriders View Post
    Amazon 3000lb superwinch for 123
    What I have, no problems with it.

I picked up a used warn winch off craigslist and set it up with a synthetic cable and a momentary fwd/rev toggle along with a standard toggle and a switch cover that I can switch on. This way I can switch it on and still use the sticks to get unstuck.
    Courage Invites Critics

Looks like KFI, Warn, or Superwinch. The Warn is completely sealed (good). Superwinch is made in China (bad) customer service sucks (good price), KFI is American made (costly) very easy to install. Everybody seems to like KFI. But, Warn has the best warranty. Tossup? Who would you pick?

I think a Warn 3000lb is around 325.00, another 50.00 and its wireless

Look on craigslist that's where I got my winch.
    Courage Invites Critics

+ Reply to Thread