New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 522 of 722 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello, my name is travis and I have recently purchased an old terra tiger that I would love to restore, I have stripped it, everything is there, I would like to purchase a new motor, tires and windshield, stuff like that, where should I look first. Thanks.

Thanks, I just bought an old terra tiger and need a new engine and things, any ideas.

Hello Sergio, welcome to the forum. The chain for your Max should be #50 chain. If you will search the site, a few people have posted what chain they use and have had good luck with. Typically you will want to stay away from cheap, chinese chain as it will not last nearly as long as quality chain.

Nate, welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here. Have fun with your Avenger.

Travis, welcome to the site. You can start a new thread in the wanted area of the forum and a member may have what you are looking for.

Whats up guys im adam and I just bought a sierra trail boss any pointers

I have started my trailer project. Not sure if this the appropriate thread to post it on.

I purchased a 1990 2-place snowmobile trailer. It sat in a field for 15 years and got pretty rusted out. So, I bought it for $40 rather than the guy scrapping it. I just stripped it down, cut off a bunch of bad metal, including one of the main crossmembers underneath that was completely rusted through on both ends. Welded in new 2x3" steel beam. Reattached leaf springs with new bolts. Replaced wood on deck. This weekend I will try loading the argo. I'll take some pictures.

Only thing I am leery about is the leaf springs are a "slipper" type, c-hook or open-eye type on the back. They seem a little precarious like they could come unseated from the shackles/hangers. Hard to explain, will post pics. Might need to weld some additional plates underneath to make sure they are secure. Don't want my 1000lb argo bouncing around on top going 70 down the freeway and have the leaf spring come unseated.

I took it for a test run, the trailer was squirley above 55mpg. Is this common for a sled trailer unloaded? Maybe it just needs tongue weight.

If the trailer is stable and can handle the weight, I move on to phase 2 - adding an enclosed top.

What's up everybody.. I'm poke .. from Indiana and will travel to ride with groups.

Quote Originally Posted by moonball1466 View Post
    Whats up guys im adam and I just bought a sierra trail boss any pointers
    What's up Adam, welcome to the forum. My pointer would be to go find some mud. No, I think you will get the hang of driving it quickly enough. Keep things lubricated and any issues that come up, just start a new thread and someone will help.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
    I have started my trailer project. Not sure if this the appropriate thread to post it on.

I purchased a 1990 2-place snowmobile trailer. It sat in a field for 15 years and got pretty rusted out. So, I bought it for $40 rather than the guy scrapping it. I just stripped it down, cut off a bunch of bad metal, including one of the main crossmembers underneath that was completely rusted through on both ends. Welded in new 2x3" steel beam. Reattached leaf springs with new bolts. Replaced wood on deck. This weekend I will try loading the argo. I'll take some pictures.

Only thing I am leery about is the leaf springs are a "slipper" type, c-hook or open-eye type on the back. They seem a little precarious like they could come unseated from the shackles/hangers. Hard to explain, will post pics. Might need to weld some additional plates underneath to make sure they are secure. Don't want my 1000lb argo bouncing around on top going 70 down the freeway and have the leaf spring come unseated.

I took it for a test run, the trailer was squirley above 55mpg. Is this common for a sled trailer unloaded? Maybe it just needs tongue weight.

If the trailer is stable and can handle the weight, I move on to phase 2 - adding an enclosed top.
    Since this is mainly an introduction thread, just start a new thread in the chit chat forum. Someone may be able to help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by scottytow69 View Post
    What's up everybody.. I'm poke .. from Indiana and will travel to ride with groups.
    What's up poke? Welcome to the forum. You should be able to find a few members around you to ride with.

I have recently bought a 99 6x6 I have too get new tires want to keep original size just taller I have been doing some research only ones I found were the 24 x10x8 any others I don't no about?

Howdy

Rebuilt a '95 argo 8x8 with my old man over the last year. It was a great experience. Cool to see the engineering in these machines. You know if it is on there, it has been proven from years and years of use. Used a lot of sources for parts and opinions. This place was a great one. Figured I should join. 23 vanguard that richard sells has plenty o power over the tired stock 18 command. Post some pics once I figure that part of it out. Got some questions too but I will find the place to ask them.

eddie99hd and SJArgo, welcome to the forum.

eddie99hd, what 6x6 do you have? That will limit the size of tires you can run. If you can fit 25" or 26", there are more tire options out there.

SJArgo, this thread will show you how to post photos: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html It's cool that you were able to work on your Argo with your father. That's a great bonding experience. Your 23HP motor should make that a fun 8x8.

+ Reply to Thread