New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 722 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 629 679 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hey Alex, welcome to the forum. Good luck getting your Max II back in working condition.

Hello 6X6 world! I always thought it would be fun to have one of these things. I recently picked up a Sierra Trail Boss. The seller claimed he removed the engine because it had a bad ignition coil. Hey, I can handle the electrical stuff! It has a Kohler 2-stroke engine, which is most likely original. Doesn't look like there are a lot of miles on it. Compression is great. Figured I'd see if I can resurrect the original engine before trying to kluge something else in its place. So that's what I'll be working on this summer. I just bought an original shop manual for the engine off Ebay, so if anyone would like a copy, shoot me a message...

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum. Good luck getting your Trail Boss running again.

Hello 6x6world and moderator Mike!

I am David from Calgary.

I had an Amphicat to tinker with in the early 80's when a young boy.
    Then I saved another Amphicat from a friend's field in the mid 90's.
    Just a few weeks ago I bought an Amphicat in amazing one owner condition.
    Pictures to come when I figure out how to post.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's expertise in the 6x6 world.

Hi David, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a gem of an Amphicat. Check out this thread explaining how to post pictures: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html We look forward to seeing your newest Amphicat!

Hi guys,
    This is my first post, so I know nothing, but hope to learn. I live in Rossiter, Pa. That is 8 miles from Punxsutawney. Yep, that is where the groundhog is from. That puts me about 90 miles north and a little east of Pittsburg.
    I'm old, and retired, and have just became interested in 6X6s and/or 8X8s. Which brings me to my first stupid question. I'm sure it has been discussed, so if someone would point me where I can find the info, please do. The question is: which is better for general all around use, a 6X6 or an 8X8. in my definition of general use does not include swimming.

I have not bought anything yet, (I do have a Quad, and a Japanese Mini truck, but no XTV or AATV) but I'm ready to pull the trigger, as soon as I can learn what I really need. I rode in a ARGO 8X8 yesterday and that is the extent of my experience. My intended use is to ride around extreme hilly country sometimes with deep snow, (where a quad will not go). I've bored everyone enough, so I'll quit for now. Please lend me your experience.
    TKH

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. You are right, 6x6 vs 8x8 has been discussed.

I'm sure you've found the search button in the upper right corner but you've asked a tough question for it to answer, so I am going to suggest searching via google. Throw this in a google search: "6x6 or 8x8 site:http://www.6x6world.com/"

That'll get you into some discussions. You mention snow and for that you will probably want to look into tracks - another subject you will find is free of bias.

[EDIT] Well shoot - the post scanner wants to turn the site: portion into a link. I added quotes around the whole string to get by that so you'll have to remove the quotes to get the search string to work.

Ah, and <Here is the link that that becomes.>
    Last edited by JohnF; 03-18-2016 at 11:20 AM.

John thanks for the links. I've learned a lot from them. I'm sure I'll have more questions it's good to know there are people here willing to help!

New to the 6X6 World

Hello my name is Jerry and I use to do a lot of RZR riding and decided it was time for a change. I recently ordered a 2016 Frontier 6X6 and found your site. I live in the thumb area of Michigan and I'm hoping to find some area riders that like hitting the trail. The last time I played with an AATV was in the 70's and they're a little different now.

Hello Jerry, welcome to the forum. Your Frontier should be a fun machine. Post some pictures of it when you get it.

+ Reply to Thread