New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 722 FirstFirst ... 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello birdman, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up your Scrambler. If you want to upload a photo, this thread will show you how: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html Have fun with your AATV!

Hey, all! I'm new to the group. I love AATVs, but am not an owner. In fact, I live in Los Angeles, CA now, and they are very scarce around here. My wife and I own a production company, and we're currently working on a short film for Sony Pictures about a bank heist, and we wrote into the script a scene in which our protagonists are able to flee the cops by riding away on a 6x6 AATV! The only problem is that we can't find any AATVs in the area to rent for this shoot! I'm hoping this 6x6 community can help us track one down! If you are in California, or near enough a day's drive away, and you're interested in renting us your 6x6 and maybe coming out to film with us, please let me know! We shoot the first two weeks of August. Thanks!

New User Can't Remove CVT Clutch

Good evening All!

My name is Roscoe. I recently bought an old Argo6x6 and started lurking your site about a month ago. Lots of good info and pictures.

I'm trying to replace the old Kohler 2 stroke with a Vangaurd 18HP. However, I cannot get the CVT off the crankshaft of the Kohler. Actually, I have half of it off. But the part closest to the engine won't budge. I've got a gear puller on it and it's pretty tight. I'm afraid to torque it anymore for fear of damaging it. I have attached 2 pictures.

ArgoCVT1.jpgArgoCVT2.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanking you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by orangeargo View Post
    Good evening All!

My name is Roscoe. I recently bought an old Argo6x6 and started lurking your site about a month ago. Lots of good info and pictures.

I'm trying to replace the old Kohler 2 stroke with a Vangaurd 18HP. However, I cannot get the CVT off the crankshaft of the Kohler. Actually, I have half of it off. But the part closest to the engine won't budge. I've got a gear puller on it and it's pretty tight. I'm afraid to torque it anymore for fear of damaging it. I have attached 2 pictures.

Attachment 16300Attachment 16301

Any ideas?

Thanking you in advance!
    Welcome, That Kohler will have a tapered PTO so the clutch will not fit the Briggs. the tapered clutches need a puller that threads into it and pushes against the crank to pop them off.

Well, that sure puts a damper on my plans. Darn! Thanks for your reply though!

Max IV - Florida

I am a new owner of a 1996 Max IV. The purchase was a dream come true for me. It definitely needs some love but I am getting closer everyday to having it ready to hit the trails. I am very excited and thank you in advance for your assistance in coaching me through this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacation_Theory View Post
    Hey, all! I'm new to the group. I love AATVs, but am not an owner. In fact, I live in Los Angeles, CA now, and they are very scarce around here. My wife and I own a production company, and we're currently working on a short film for Sony Pictures about a bank heist, and we wrote into the script a scene in which our protagonists are able to flee the cops by riding away on a 6x6 AATV! The only problem is that we can't find any AATVs in the area to rent for this shoot! I'm hoping this 6x6 community can help us track one down! If you are in California, or near enough a day's drive away, and you're interested in renting us your 6x6 and maybe coming out to film with us, please let me know! We shoot the first two weeks of August. Thanks!
    Hey Vacation_Theory, welcome to the forum. Try starting a new thread in the Wanted section of the site to get some better exposure since not everyone checks this introduction thread. Good luck finding an AATV!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I am a new owner of a 1996 Max IV. The purchase was a dream come true for me. It definitely needs some love but I am getting closer everyday to having it ready to hit the trails. I am very excited and thank you in advance for your assistance in coaching me through this project.
    Hi Timbo, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up your Max IV. I hope you get to hit the trails with it soon.

Hello all. It is great to be on here. My name is Ron I live in interior Alaska. I own a 1970's KID LTV 8X8 which I am in the process of rebuilding. Excited to be here and gain knowledge from you guys.

Hello and welcome to the site. You should find other Kid owners on here for information. Most people on here are very willing to offer help and share ideas and knowledge. Just do a search under the "other" aatv column and you will find Kid owners there.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I'm trying to find Tom Flanagan and Angee Galinos, a pair of Attex retailers from Burlington MA in the early 70s. I pulled an ad for their business from old microfilm records, and now I'm hoping to make this into a little story for my nostalgia website called BurlingtonRetro, which goes live Oct. 1. Has anyone seen them pass through here?

Robert Fahey
    Burlington, MA
    781-718-9872
    BurlingtonRetro@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread