New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 722 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Amphicat ichy to hit the Ground or Whaterver

Hi All, I'm a Michigander southerly type. just out of reach from lake affect snow most of the time. so needed something to play /work with in the winter. Bought a late 60's Amphicat a month ago which needed some work. So started looking around for info. wow, there's not a lot of transmission info that I can find on these. Like what fluid the 510682 uses. Ready to try this after several weeks of occasional work but need a little help to get her on the ground.. Any info, like Manuals and what to watch for maintenance wise is appreciated. Thanks all.

Welcome to the site Crager. Amphicat used at least 2 different transmissions and I'm not familiar with either of them. What fluid is in it now? I would guess it is 80-90w gear oil, but a synthetic ATF would probably work fine. The 2 lubes have different properties, but it is a light demand application. Many car/light truck manual transmissions have gone to ATF for fuel economy and cold weather flow. Try here for more info: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...bious-atv.html or http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...ts-manual.html
    How far away from Lansing area are you?

Amphicat info

Thanks theBuggyMan1, I actually live in Bronson, a small town near Coldwater, south of Lansing. As for the trans, the film looks like Gear-lube when looking in the fill hole at the top but sight is blocked to see any level at all. there is a plug half way up the case that is most likely a level check but cant get anything there either. I have other questions too where is a good posting spot for the Amphicat maintenance Manual, tires,exhaust and various other things.

Crager: Put new questions in the "Other Aatv's" section. Other AATVs
    There are not many guys trail riding Amphicats, but I'd love to see one.

clavius, PapaTim and malonerudy, welcome to the forum!

PapaTim, for your top, try posting a wanted ad in the classified section of the forum if you haven't already.

Half amphicat and half attex.

new member here.

i have been lurking for answers on my amphicat/attex and finally decided to introduce myself and the project.

Its my dads 1970s amphicat. the 16hp 2 stroke that was in the amphicat is locked down but the baker hill 6000 is in good shape. the frame is from a 1st gen attex with the 7/8 axles and #40 chain.

its getting a 22hp predator but im stuck at which clutch to get for it.

sanding.jpgpolishing.jpg6x6 inside.jpgmotor 6x6.jpg22hp on frame.jpg

Welcome to the site gearbound. I understand the nostalgia in saving your Dad's old machine. While you are doing the rebuild I'd suggest upgrading the axles, Baker/hill, and chain. It may also be wise to rivet/bolt or even glue on a HDPE skid plate to help protect the old ABS body. I used a special epoxy on a couple projects with excellent results. See: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-tall-tub.html and http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...ter-truck.html Not a single crack with the "gentile" use they have seen. lol

thank you for the insight. as for axles and chain parts we will keep with the 7/8 axles til they break. as we havent the slightest clue where to find parts for that upgrade.

I live in Cordova Alaska" have a 1980 ranger tractor that I use for pulling logs. I have seen posts here looking for info on these machines. We have 3 of them here in our small town. Always looking for posts on Ferret or Arnold Rangers.

Hi Rangeratak, welcome to the forum. I've only seen a few members post photos of their Rangers but there may be a few on the site. Try starting a thread in the Other AATV forum and see if you get any responses.

+ Reply to Thread