MaxII Bigfoot/Tall tub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MaxII Bigfoot/Tall tub

MaxII Bigfoot/Tall tub

There is a new Bigfoot in the Michigan woods. Well, not yet. I'm still collecting parts and assembling.
    I just uploaded a bunch of pictures on the build.....

A MaxII has an axle spacing of 25" center to center. I stretched the frame an extra 1 1/4" between axles. This allows the use of true 25" dia. tires or even 26" tires if I wanted. I also raised the tub 3" to eliminate tub to tire issues. My goal was for 25" tires with Adair tracks.
    Now I just need the tires. $$$$ I need a sponsor.

Awesome! Looks great!

Jim, great work. That is going to be an unstoppable Max II. What a cool project.

What a cool project! This is going to be a very unique machine. Nice work!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Buggyman fill me in did u take 2 tubs and make one?

Now if the Vampire ASX's were still available, THAT would be a great machine to use them on. Very nice work, Jim!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by swamp donkey View Post
    Buggyman fill me in did u take 2 tubs and make one?

Yes!
    This shows the bottom piece I cut off and the piece I added......the lower marker line was for the overlap. This is the epoxy I used WEST SYSTEM | Plastic Boat Repair - Kayak Massacre The product is kindof thin but you can use cloth just like using fiberglass to fill any gaps. I also used 50+ pop rivets to hold it in place untill the epoxy cured.....(plus I don't fully trust it).
    I also added an internal body band with straps down to the frame. I bolted thru the tub into the straps to help eliminate tub flex that could stress the epoxy.
    I supported the tank from the body band to make the top easier to remove for maint. and now the machine can be run without the top to test for problems.

***more updates will follow***
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    ***more updates will follow***
    This is just a fantastic project. I was exploring the same route so I could use tracks over the goodyear 26" tires on the Max IV (to make the most WTF? machine around.)

But pulled back when I found out the tub pricing.

I still think RI should offer this as a pricey option or as a new model.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Very cool project Jim. Will you have this rig at Ash?
    Banned

Awesome ! Cool Idea.

+ Reply to Thread