Synthetic anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synthetic anyone?

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir

Synthetic anyone?

On my last oil change I went to Mobil 1 synthetic oil And 6 oz Slick 50 High Mileage engine treatment. Have any of you been running this and what kind of performance have you gotten from it? Are you changing your oil at the same interval, if not how often?

I use synthetic...no idea of performance gains...I just really believe in the concept. I usually change oil every 3-4 months no matter how little I have driven.

https://host8.successfulhosting.com/...cat=250&page=1

Check this product out...it is supposedly the best additive for friction reduction out there. I use it in Hustler motor, Jeep motor, trans, differential and really love it. It keeps the oil viscosity up noticeably in the Jeep....and you can hear a definite quietening down in general once you have added to trans and differential. I even added 1oz to my refrigerant oil when I changed my AC compressor!

BTW, you usually add 1oz per quart when doing fluid changes.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

i use royal purple in all my small motors
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

I went with Mobil 1 because a plywood mill near my home runs it in everything on their site that has an engine, and have exceptional success with it according to their maintenance crew. Also I have read some of the reviews. They recommend going from a 3000 mile change schedule to a 6000 mile. Which would double the time between oil changes. Don't know that I will do that, but I do know that my motor seems to run quieter.

i'm running shell rottella 15/40 in all my engines little and big . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I also run Shell Rotella 15/40 as well. A man on a motor cycle forum that I,m a member of , runs Shell Rotella in every vehicle that he owns with exellent results. He has a 1500 cc , Kawasaki motor cycle , that has over 250,000 miles on it,, with Shell Rotella, and it does not use any oil between oil changes. He has cars with 280,000 and a pick up truck with over 300,000 and they use Shell Rotella too. That was enough to make a believer out of me. I stopped using the high dollar Mobil One sythetic , and switched to the much cheaper Shell Rotella instead. I,d rather change my oil at 3,000 miles with the Shell Rotella ,than 6,000 miles with the sythetic Mobil One.

Well let me lay this on you, my father-in-law had a '88 Ford Ranger that had 275,000 miles on it when he traded it in on another truck. According to the wifes Granddad, the oil had been changed twice in all those miles, once when the screen on the suction tube clogged with gunk so bad that he had to drop the pan to clean it. The second time was shortly after that when the oil pump quit working and needed changing, no idea why it quit. LOL! I think he was running Havoline, not sure. It was traded soon after 'cause he didn't want a truck he had to "work on all the time". I thought that was funny.

+ Reply to Thread