Chains on Argo conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chains on Argo conquest

Ardrossan Alberta (just outside Edmonton) Alberta Canada

Chains on Argo conquest

Anybody out there ever use chains on their argo? I have been thinking a set of chains on theConquest would be handy in the fall when you don't have a lot of snow yet you get icing conditions on the trail. I was just moose hunting and we had this type of conditions and a set of chains i thought would make a big difference on the steep hills. I think one set of chains on either the second or third set of wheels. I have runamucks and ITP mudlites on my conquest 4 of each the ITPs are on the center four tires and they work good. I have a set of tracks but there wasnt that much snow that you needed tracks. Oh yah my 18 year old son shot his first moose. I hope to get some video from my buddy of me pulling the moose with the argo out of the bush and 2 miles back to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardefence View Post
    Anybody out there ever use chains on their argo? I have been thinking a set of chains on theConquest would be handy in the fall when you don't have a lot of snow yet you get icing conditions on the trail. I was just moose hunting and we had this type of conditions and a set of chains i thought would make a big difference on the steep hills. I think one set of chains on either the second or third set of wheels. I have runamucks and ITP mudlites on my conquest 4 of each the ITPs are on the center four tires and they work good. I have a set of tracks but there wasnt that much snow that you needed tracks. Oh yah my 18 year old son shot his first moose. I hope to get some video from my buddy of me pulling the moose with the argo out of the bush and 2 miles back to camp.
    I added chains onto my tracks, worked great!!

I use chains on the middle two weels because the backcountry clay is like potters clay and clogs the tread. The chains work well.
    THE KIWI

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I use chains on the middle two weels ...
    I'm considering tire chains for running around ice fishing. Do you have problems clearance; do the chains hit each other?

It seems like 4 sets of chains would be unstoppable but hard to steer, two sets on the front and back tires would be good for pushing over things but still hard to steer, and two sets in the middle would be easier to steer but perhaps no good when the front tire is up on something. And then, why not just one set on one of the middle?

22X11X8 is $40 shipped (per set) on ebay which doesn't hit my saving for tracks budget too bad.

It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to have a set on the front or back to help pull back up onto the ice if one happens to fall through.

Winch is on the front and back will be higher in the water.

Hmmm.

Hello every one I'm new to this site I have an 2002 conquest thought about adding tire chains I get no traction any where do they work until I can get tracks thank you

+ Reply to Thread