1983 Hustler 950 V-twin transplant

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1983 Hustler 950 V-twin transplant

Very nice! I'm the goof that said I couldn't see the pictures. Must have been because I was trying to view this sight on my phone. The pictures are awesome now that I'm at the computer. Thanks for sharing!
    1984 Hustler 980 and some other toys that won't even swim.

Thanks! Glad you can see the pictures!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I made a small amount of progress today. I finally decided how I'm going to build my split shift linkage, but it won't be complete until I get my heim joints from McMaster-Carr. I did however build the shift levers and the bracket that will mount them. Progress is slow, but hopefully I'll be able to bring it to Busco...

Pictures:

Out with the old,

in with the new...

Shifters

1974 Honda ATC 70

Lookin Good!

I finished the split shifter today! It's a somewhat complicated setup, but it works great. I'm not sure how well y'all can see how it works from the pictures, but I took lots from many different angles, so hopefully y'all can make something out of it...

The elusive Heim joint....
    \

This is the starting point:

The right side:

The left side:

The whole thing:

I designed this shifter to run along the side of the tub, out of the way of the rear floor, just like the origional, but on both sides.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Wow, little more to it then a maxII huh, lol. Looks like it will work though. I like how you kept it off to the sides. Nice job!

Absolutely amazing! Now that's some real quality work, and I'm sure that if Hustlers were still made today and they built them with these mods, it would really give them the edge over other AATVs out there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Wow, little more to it then a maxII huh, lol. Looks like it will work though. I like how you kept it off to the sides. Nice job!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Absolutely amazing! Now that's some real quality work, and I'm sure that if Hustlers were still made today and they built them with these mods, it would really give them the edge over other AATVs out there.
    Thanks! I have a tendency to overbuild stuff... I think that's a good thing though. I hope that once I get my engineering degree, I can bring the Hustler back into production. Even if this means a CNC table and a vacuum mold in my garage... I think that new innovations (and a FACTORY springer option...) would really make for a good selling AATV. The jet pump also needs to make a comeback.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Thanks!

Thanks! I have a tendency to overbuild stuff... I think that's a good thing though. I hope that once I get my engineering degree, I can bring the Hustler back into production. Even if this means a CNC table and a vacuum mold in my garage... I think that new innovations (and a FACTORY springer option...) would really make for a good selling AATV. The jet pump also needs to make a comeback.
    Overbuilding stuff is GOOD! Let me know when you want to start up the Hustler Corporation........I'd be more than happy to help with the northeastern operations of the company.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Overbuilding stuff is GOOD! Let me know when you want to start up the Hustler Corporation........I'd be more than happy to help with the northeastern operations of the company.
    Absolutely! College first though so I know what the hell I'm doing lol. I have some really great ideas for this stuff!
    1974 Honda ATC 70

+ Reply to Thread