Just a Idea!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just a Idea!!!

Just a Idea!!!

Has any one ever made a cold air intake for a husler??? Would it even be worth the throuble?? Mine is a 18h.p. kohler-4 stroke-single cylinder, the motor draws air into the shroud to cool the it . the air filtre takes air from the shroud to feed the carb. When I first got the unit, it had a pipe sticking up in the air with a little mower muffler on it, no hot air box. I called R&R to price a new one "I don't think so$$$$" I don't know how I got the idea, but I took a old snowmobile muffler and cut and weld and cut and weld,you get the idea!!! The new mufler comes through the back mesh witch was aready cut. I reset the carb and I was shocked, huge power gain and I consider it to be very quiet!!! I also took heavy sheet rubber and a air duct to blow hot air out the back.

pics?

can you post up some pics of this setup? i think i'm getting the idea but a real picture would serve better than to one in my head
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I wish I could, my kids got a hold of the camera, and well it don't seem to work any more, I will be getting a new one

finally got some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive talked about alot of different subjects, and can finnaly show what ive been talking about.
    Attached Images

Cool pics of your mobile sniper vehicle...a few thoughts:
    1) Those swampers look big! What size are they?
    2) I like the muffler...been thinking about doing the same thing.
    3) What was up with the idler sprocket pic....I could not tell from the pic, did you modify it?
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Cool pics of your mobile sniper vehicle...a few thoughts:
    1) Those swampers look big! What size are they?
    2) I like the muffler...been thinking about doing the same thing.
    3) What was up with the idler sprocket pic....I could not tell from the pic, did you modify it?
    Swampers are 22x12.5x8 When I got my unit, it had nylon rolers where the sprockets are now. They were riding on fully threaded bolts, They did not last long. Being new to aatv's I thought I really did something by Modifing to sprockets. I don't know what is supose to be used, nylon or sprockets??? I have read where other's have had isue's with this, and maybe the pics could help. here's a few more pics, and I'm working on makeing a "Buffalo" conversion for my Husler!!! give me your thoughts
    Attached Images

Ok, I get it now...those look like they would definitely work well, do they stay in place?? The original Hustler chain adjusters leave a lot to be desired....it is almost like they completed designing the machine and then remembered they had to have chain adjusters.

I am always also thinking about having some kind of a large flat surface like you have for lots of reasons. My idea was to build a deck similar to yours, then have basically a backrest that would come up vertically right behind the driver's seat, you could add padding and passengers could sit comfortably facing rearward. My other mod to this plan was to have a single piece of exhaust tubing (or something light), that would loop over the vehicle like a rollcage. Now, make the previously mentioned back rest at the right height to fold flat. You would then have a place to sleep, just throw skeeter netting over the top of the upright.

Also, don't forget that you could make a hinged door where the back seat floor board is and use that as dry storage. I'm interested to see where you go with this....the Hustler back seat ain't good for much...better to have a platform like that for more storage.

As far as the air intake...I've thought about it too, I wonder how much it would increase performance?

OK Role cage wise; I get into to may tight spotts, to many low, low branchs that would get hung up on. I plan on a "short role bar" Sleeping in the thing?????????????????? My wife would not go for it!!!! + I hunt or fish in the dark!! Hinged door wise; if you take a traight edge from the top of the front seat to the top of the motor cover, now immagine a full deck. there will be a "voyed" or space that you could easilly reach through behind the front seat. 2 ideas for the intake; 1 fiber glass like the kids make speaker boxes out of to fit the motor intake with clothes dryer type exhast hose to the air intake of the body. 2 my cousin " the boat freak" said mount a small blower inside the air intake of the body. like inboard boats have . O-dam!!! what about both!!!! the motor could draw fresh air or you could shut it off and still have the blower cooling the motor!!! what do you think???????????

The blower fan idea is a definite in my book...if you find a good fan, send me a link!

As far as the air intake, I am interested, but I think I'll wait to see if you get some good performance gains I wonder if it would make a big power difference?

BTW, I am about to buy some 25x13x9 Vampires...gonna make them fit no matter what. How much space do you have between the inside of the tires and the tub?

I'm with you!! the fan in a boat is to remove any gas fumes or what ever from the engine compartment. The more I think obout it, a simple 12v blower would be easy, cheap, and benifical. the glass , hose ; big pain, not worth it. Space from tire to body; at this time the best I can tell you is there are several places that I can not get my hand inbetween the two!!! I thank you are going a little to big. I called R&R asking tire sizes and was told a 22" was going to be close. You could always go with spacers, but that might put extra strain on something!!!

+ Reply to Thread