Hustler engine mounts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler engine mounts

Hustler engine mounts

Anyone found a good substitute for the rubber bushing engine mounts? I saw someone on this site years back that used some type of urethane that might have been from an automotive application. I have a Hustler/Sidewinder that I may get going this winter.

Here is a thread I started with a similar question where members gave some good ideas: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...or-mounts.html

I purchased some polyurethane round stock and cut my own vibration isolators for my Max IV. Eventually I realized the isolators aren't really necessary and really can work against you by flexing under heavy loads. So, on my Avenger motor swap, I hard mounted the motor. I haven't had any noticable vibration without the isolators but I don't have much time on the machine yet. I'm not trying to talk you out of using them because they do serve a purpose but you can also do without them.

I have a 980 Hustler that I rebuilt. The motor mounts that were on the machine was worn and cracked. I went to Lowes and picked up some rubber door-stops and drilled the 3/4 inch hole in the center and put a washer on the top and bottom and called it a day! I think that I have about $3.00 into the upgrade, and they haven't failed me yet. Its now been about 3 years and no signs of wear,,,,, not bad for $3 bucks, i'd say!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Mike, this buggy I have has the Kohler K341 single cylinder and they do shake pretty good. If I had a twin in it the solid mount would be the way to go.

On my rebuilt 980 I used rubber dampers from McMaster-Carr. I have 1 under the tray and 1 on top and they sandwich my mount plate. I snug them down very tight. My v-twin is very stable and does not move when working the throttle. just stops the vibrations from traveling down to the frame. That would be good for a single cylinder engine.

I use the rubber mounts from later model Attex machines when I make my own mounts, mostly because I've got a big box of them. They buffer the vibration from an OH160 Tecumseh or a G50B two-stroke, so I figure they're good for about anything.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread