Getting to know your t-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know your t-20

Getting to know your t-20

After reading all the threads about rebuilding the t-20 and wondering what condition mine was in after setting in the weather for how long, who knows. I tore it apart to inspect all the parts, order the gasket and anything else that looked damage. When I got the parts, I then install the parts in the right side of the case and got to the last half inch c-clip, than I looked in the box and noticed two large steel washers in the parts box. At this time I thought no biggie I'll just take it apart and install the one that goes in the half that I was working on and the other has to go to the left-side(right?right..). So after taking it back apart and finding no place for it, I then find out that my buddy's where playing a cruel joke on me by adding extra parts to the parts box.( As if I don't end-up with enough extra parts at the end of all my projects).. I then got it all back together all the way to the half inch c-clip and figured that with as much horse power that I was putting to this thing I better replace all the bands, so than I ordered one more right and two lefts, than tore it back apart. Once the bands arrived I installed the new band and got all the way to the half inch c-clip and put it on, than I decided to use RTV instead of the gaskets so I needed the c-clip off so that when I got the other half of the case ready I could apply RTV to both sides of the separator plate than bolt it together. So not thanking about what I read that someone posted and what a good idea it was to put a rag over the clip when you take it off. I proceeded to pry this half inch c-clip off and than it happen, it shot off toward the back of the grange, made some sound like it was bouncing around, than stopped. After looking for it a few times and just about to lose my mined I than went to the auto parts store and after three auto parts stores and not finding the right one I am now learning all about the t-20 and at this time I would be half way if I only had that stupid half inch c-clip...

and than it happen, it shot off toward the back of the grange, made some sound like it was bouncing around, than stopped. After looking for it a few times and just about to lose my mind..

been there done that sooo many times
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

That was a great story that had me laughing the whole time. I feel your pain! However I think it may be time to get back at your friends.

I know just how you feel. I've seen some shops that are so clean that if anything falls on the floor it's easy to spot. Mine's on the other end of the scale. If I ever decide to move or do a real clean-out of the garage, I'll find half a dozen of those clips, detent springs, about a thousand of the little check balls from Tillitson carbs, and a lot of small pieces from my kid's toys that shot off into space after Daddy said he could fix it!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I know just how you feel. I've seen some shops that are so clean that if anything falls on the floor it's easy to spot. Mine's on the other end of the scale. If I ever decide to move or do a real clean-out of the garage, I'll find half a dozen of those clips, detent springs, about a thousand of the little check balls from Tillitson carbs, and a lot of small pieces from my kid's toys that shot off into space after Daddy said he could fix it!
    funny Don, in all the times i've been to your place it's never stopped you from finding the off the wall part or part # i was looking for
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertlink02-cad View Post
    and then it happen, it shot off toward the back of the garage, made some sound like it was bouncing around, than stopped. After looking for it a few times and just about to lose my mind...
    Yep, I feel your pain, most of us do as at some point we've done that. I must say though, as a former hobby shop owner, try looking for a 3mm e-clip that just shot off, customer's coming back in an hour and you just sold the last pack of em.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

This is a sort of "right of passage" for those who try to take a T-20 apart. You're certainly not alone. There are 2 c-clips out in a yard at my old place (...yet I took it apart in the garage, go figure) at least one in my Dad's garage behind a sheet of drywall, and one came off with such force that it is now lodged next to my spleen. 'Makes going through airport security a challenge, and it kinda tickles when I sneeze.

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 04-09-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Films just came in from the doctor's office.....

That's just too funny Mike...ROTFLMAO!

Oh man, I can not stop laughing.

Have a T-20 to rebuild.Just about worked up the guts to do it.Lets see,workbench cleared,area uncluttered,lots of info 6x6world,wait a minute...........paid up health care and life insurance policies, back to the drawing board...........Joe.

+ Reply to Thread