Tire recommendations for Terra Tiger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire recommendations for Terra Tiger

Tire recommendations for Terra Tiger

Hey everybody I'm looking for some advice on tires.When I finish my rebuild my terra tiger needs to go through a pete bog ,climb over down trees [thanks to the beavers] it needs to swim across a beaver pond and be able to go through deep snow.I borrowed a set of goodyear rawhde lll's to see how big I can go,25x11.5 fit nice.They give me 2" of clearence on top and between,but I have not read anything good about the rawhides.Any suggestions

Terra tigers are a fun machine for trail riding, but in stock form they have a heavy fiberglass body, #40 chains, small dia. axles and weak turning clutches...not to mention NO REVERSE.
    I wish I had put a t-20 in mine, upgraded the axles and chains and put in a 4 stroke.

My advise is to not go too aggressive on the tread....I think the clutches will be the first things to go. Sorry.

Mine is a Feldmann terra tiger and runs a#50 chain .I don't know if that makes a difference.I don't want to get too carried away I just want maximum performance for what the machine will handle.I thought about the rawhides but heard they won't swim.Argo is running a new tire more like orginal tread for my TT,its 24x10x8

Tires are expensive.....and Argo tires are even more expensive... Tires
    This is another reason why it's often cheaper to buy a machine that's ready to ride.
    The argo AT189 tires in 25x12-9 are nearly $200 each......I want, I want, I want..... somebody please buy me a set.

+ Reply to Thread