Pinched on public land

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pinched on public land

Pinched on public land

Has anybody been caught riding somewhere they shouldn't have been, either intentionally or not, and been caught by the authorities? What were the consequences? Were you able to talk your way out of a ticket? Did they threaten or actually confiscate your AATV? Was the land actually posted or were you unaware you weren't allowed to ride there? Thanks.

If I see someone I don't know on land I don't technically have permission to be on, I go the other way. After all, how the heck do they plan on following me!

Why do you ask? Did you get busted???
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Since the Feds outlawed our rides from Deepwater Mo. a few years back, the thought has entered my mind...

Just about every fun activity has been outlawed. ATVs might not be directly illegal, but basically everything you can do with them is illegal. No public land is available and private land owners assume huge bogus liability if they open a park. Given those circumstances, we ride anywhere that looks fun. What else can you do?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

One time when I was little my dad and I went somewhere (forgot) with people that had Attex racers and a Swamp Fox. We only had the Bigfoot back then. I think it was a racetrack near a fireworks store, a police car came and we had to leave. I was 5 or so, but I remember seeing those magically fast yellow things

You are in luck sir, I happen to be a PRO trespasser! I ONLY ride on other peoples land! Always have, always will. No matter what state I have lived in there are trails. My current bandit trails include, State mineral land, an abandoned quarry, commercial wooded property that is for sale ect. Hell when I lived in Clarence NY all my trails were connected by the jogging/bike path! (opps) I follow 3 basic rules; 1.try to ride on a big entities (not private individuals) land. Some real estate agent with a suit on will never know (or care) that the 1,000 acres they have for sale has a trail running through it, whereas some old mans land that he has hunted for the last 60 years is libel to give you a few new leaks in the hull should you disturb him while hunting. 2. I NEVER litter! I mean NOTHING, cig butts, drink cans/bottles, wads of tangled fishing line, should NEVER be left behind. 3. Never cut or open a fence or in any other way do damage (other then shredding the trail!) to the property. If you see fresh tracks that day, then ride somewhere else that day. If you do get caught by the owner, offer to sign a waiver of liability if they will allow you to ride, offer to help bust trails where it would be useful to them for whatever they use the land for if they will allow you to ride, offer to "patrol" for others if they will allow you to ride. Remind them of the whole "as we forgive those who trespass against us" part of the lords prayer. If however they catch you fair and square, and tell you not to ride there, then don't, move on to the next trail. PLACES I NEVER RIDE include; State Parks, unlike other state land, parks ARE heavily patrolled and IF they choose to jam you up with a charge, it is A FEDERAL one! Old landfills, as the trash decomposes over the years it creates pockets that can cause a sink-hole to open up as you ride over it! Hunting land during hunting season (being the only guy NOT pointing a gun is a bad feeling). Places where I have ever seen horse or kid track (bike tire tracks, small shoe prints) as we don't want to hurt anyone on accident. Other then that, just read the signs in the dirt. lay a small dry/brittle branch across the trail when you leave and the next time you ride there see if it is broken, you will get a feel for just how "abandoned" that area is. Or like drew said just book it to the other side of the nearest swamp when you see anybody. Half the time when you meet someone on the trail they are also trespassing and might even know where more trails are that you didn't even know about. I say go ride, the places these things go the only thing you will run in to will be frogs!
    6X6 toys...... now THAT is down right American!

Lots of good posts in this thread guys, I couldn't agree with all of you more. Great tips and excellent information!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Wow,
    I knew other areas of the country where limited in areas to ride, but I guess I take for granted all off the hundreds of miles and thousands of acres of public land we have out here in the rockies. There are a lot of trails that are restricted to 50" only quads and RZRs, but we have a ton of wide open and beautiful country here to explore. Maybe you are just referring to riding on private land just because it is close/convenient.

You guys don't know how lucky you are, over here it's private land only. There is NO riding on public land, full stop, end of. You cannot get an Argo registered for public road use (possibly agricultural to go from one field to another if a agricultural worker).
    If you were reported for riding on public land the police have trail bikes to catch you and if that fails they would get the helicopter out, they really would, just for someone riding where they shouldn't.

i ride public lands around the house,2 big tracks of forest.have rode them all my life without any troubles.throw a garbage bag in the back with some crap in it and pick a bit of stuff up while your out.even if your trespassing it looks like you are a good samaritan.

+ Reply to Thread