New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Select all Hustler bodies or shells you would be interested to purchase:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upper Body

44 65.67%
  • 950 Lower body (up to 25" tires)

14 20.90%
  • 980 Lower body (up to 26" tires)

44 65.67%
  • Engine Cover

40 59.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

Want 980 bigfoot lower!

Is this going to happen?

It is not going to happen until someone can get the molds from Richard Clark and then arrange a company to actually make bodies using the vacuum molds.

Forms

All,

I can reverse engineer the forms design. The question that comes to mind is what is the cost for machining a new form from cherry wood and finding the company that did or can do the forming. I can do some research and find this info out if there is interest. The caveat to this is I have a 950 and would require someone to loan me a tub, top and cover from a 980 for the design work.

The benefit to making new ones is that any design changes deemed beneficial can be done prior to the first form cut.

cadman
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Question

In addition,

I also have thermal forming experience and know how to make large vacuum rigs. Do any of the members have a large oven for powder coating or painting cure?

cadman
    Last edited by shawngray66; 01-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I do not.

I see from time to time people talking about their new lowers- Are they getting them from route6x6? Why isn't that guy producing some product with the molds? I can't imagine there would be much demand for them, but if there's a buck to be made why not?

Hey This looks like an old thread. Id go nuts for a 980 big foot bottom for 26inch wheels at that price !!!! I have a 950 I think or a 980 shallow tub I don't know how to tell and I definately want black bottom top n engine cover Could use a rear floor pan. I hope you are doing this cause I'm there!!! Dandahermit Hustlers Rule!!!!

Your Hustler is probably a 950 if it has 21x11x8 Goodyear Rawhide tires. A 950 can't fit 26's on it, only a 980 can.......there's the tall and taller tub versions. The 950's maximum tire size that it can clear is 25".
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

My problem is that I cant tell if my Hustler is a 950 or 980 It is all nos with the 18 hp briggs, says Sidewinder on the side, has the 21x12x8 goodyear Rawhides on it and 271hrs on the Hobbs I need a measurement from the center of the axle to the top of the tub (the attachment line of the top and bottom) cause it looks like 26s would clear depending on the actual height of the Venom 26. None of the ATV tires I have are actually the stated height, The Goodyear 21s are barely 20 and my 25x12x9 ITP mudlites aren't totally 24!!! Please!!! Someone give me some numbers!! Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dandahermit View Post
    My problem is that I cant tell if my Hustler is a 950 or 980 It is all nos with the 18 hp briggs, says Sidewinder on the side,
    It sounds like you have a real Sidewinder, Dan... I think they're based on the 950 or a slightly lower model; certainly not a 980. There are some great shots of a Sidewinder in this thread...

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...idewinder.html

Yep, it's certainly not a Hustler 980. The Sidewinder is exactly like the 950 Hustler, just some different options and colors. It was made by Clay Ratcliffe in Evergreen Springs, Colorado. I believe he just bought the parts from Hustler and sold them under his Sidewinder name.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl...ler-today.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...liffe-6x6.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread