flex seal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flex seal

flex seal

Has anyone ever used that flex seal on their max or any other atv to fix leaks?
    Max IV
    Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
    swamp buggy powered by 1947 willys flathead

I have pondered it for leaking rivets but ended up using silicone.

My concern is how well it will stick to the hdpe body. Never used it.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I would use it to seal a leak but it wouldn't be structural fix. With all the flexing our aatv tubs do I don't think it would work. Maybe give it a try but definitely keep an extra can in your travel kit to get back from the other side of the pond. I have used it many times at work for other things. (But I've also been called Macgyver at work too)

I have it once. The only disadvantage is once you decide to remove it, its pretty tough.

If it is that hard to remove, it sounds pretty permanent. As Robphibious says, it's not structural, but it should be pretty flexible as that is a selling point. Maybe it is a little longer temp fix...

I'm going to add a can to my kit and see how it does.

I think I will put some on my tub and see how it fares over several trips and report back to the group.

+ Reply to Thread