Max IV Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Max IV Springer

sweetttttttttttt anytime frame on these mods .

[QUOTE=liflod;6079]It would also be nice if they mounted the T-20 and engine to its own cradle so you can remove the engine and transmission in one package. [QUOTE]

That would be great! Reminds me of another hobby of mine. The downside would be that you could not pull them without a hoist but I guess you could still unbolt either in that case.
    Banned

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    And last but not least what do I do 2-stroke? 4-stroke2-stroke4-stroke?
    My vote would be for the inline 4 out of the Yamaha RX-1 sled. It comes in a turbo version, and it's a small, tight package. That actually might be a bit much for the T-20, but who knows? I'm not sure about the overall width of the engine, and if it'd fit in the bay. There are a few other turbo-4's out there, but this one's already set up for a (somewhat) comparably-weighted vehicle with a CVT. If I had a second vote, it would be for a liquid triple two stroke. I have a weakness for BIG Rotax engines, so I'd go with something along the lines of the 809, or the 999 trip. Throw a trio of Mikuni 44s on the back, some nice pipes, and you're in business. You've already corralled the reliable ponies. Maybe it's time for something a bit more....uh... twitchy?

Oh well, I've neither the time nor money for something so high-end right now. You decide!

~m

[ This pig is in for a bigtime makeover. The first priority is to get that T-20 where it should have been all along, under the back seat.Yea it has the small bearings, that's gonna change also. I'll just fab some taller side rails. The engineers at RI are like snails, they got one speed (slow motion). That project has been in the works for years. They have the mentality of most college raised engineers, if it's not their idea it's not a good one. I sometimes wished I owned that Company . ]

Whipper ,

I agree with you about placing the T-20 trans under the rear seat . This would be great . Ease of access , plus less chains to tighten or replace when they wear out .

That is so funny you mentioned the LS1, I have a 98 stock T/A with the LS1. I was looking at it the other day Imagine a new LS7 from a ZO6 550 hp stock
    Nelson.

sitrep

So how far along is the project?

MAX IV Springer

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    With all the hustling we did to get ready for the Ledges, the MAX IV Springer got back burnered for a little while. The mystery body has arrived. The project is alive. This is going to be interesting. My first challenge is making a jig to drill the holes in the tub. At least it's nice & clean & I don't have to pull an engine or tranny.

Whipper
    dam whipper new body it must be nice .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread