I picked up this jewel on Thursday for $1700, cranked it up and blasted around his yard, then I went to get the cash and a trailer. Never driven one myself but I got loaded for the cross town trip and got it off loaded and into the front yard, leaving a few divits in the process - ha!
Engine runs good but is "hunting" at idle, all the chains and sprockets appear to be solid but a few axle bearings look suspect. I'll get down in there for a closer look. I have a pair of mismatched tires, hoping to find two more rawhides used to complete the set but may buy a new pair.
I dropped the fuel tank today and cleaned it out and replacd the whole fuel line front to back, Popped the carb off, had to remove the shrouding and the manifold to get the carb off. I cleaned and cleaned, blew everything out multiple times with air and a bread tye wire. It's running much better but there is still something that is not quite right.
Future plans include an angle iron perimiter frame with winch mount and roll bar hoops tied together, and slide the front seat assy back about 6" for front room and still leave cooler and gear room in the back seat, want to adapt in a full size battery as well for sound system and winching.
Here she sits as she arrived home yesterday...