Mqx IV first spring ride... need more comfortable latterals

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mqx IV first spring ride... need more comfortable latterals

Mqx IV first spring ride... need more comfortable latterals

Hi. We took our Max IV out for our first ride this afternoon. Awesome machine! We enjoyed the ride. What I learned from this is the throttle lever is a bit tough to squeeze.
    "Grow muscles."
    Until this happens I'm thinking to add a few inches to the length of the throttle to make for better leverage when squeezing it. Not sure what to use though. Any suggesions?
    Also, the latteral angle on the righthand side is wrong for my wrists ( throttle side). I want the tip to point forward, not outward. Any suggestion to fix the throttle latteral? (lefthand is fine. Modified by Eric) Possible to cut and reweld back with forward slant at tip? Rebend? Thanks.

I used a small piece of aluminum angle to increase the throttle leverage.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a....html#post6983

The phillips screw is the original location for the throttle.

Make sure your cable isn't kinked and doesn't have any crazy bends in it. Give it a good lube and see if that helps.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I've seen some machines come into the shop where guys have taken a short piece of 1 1/2" PVC plumbing pipe and split it in half, rounded the corners and pop riveted it over the top of the factory lever and ended up with an inch or two more length on the pull lever...simple but effective

tim

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    I've seen some machines come into the shop where guys have taken a short piece of 1 1/2" PVC plumbing pipe and split it in half, rounded the corners and pop riveted it over the top of the factory lever and ended up with an inch or two more length on the pull lever...simple but effective

tim
    That's how my Hustler was fit when I purchased it. Here is a picture where you can see the PVC bolted to the original lever.

I still have it on there.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Nice! simple stuff some times Yes

PVC pipe seems quite easy. I will do it. Thanks guys.

I made a throttle extension using black abs tubing. Fits excellent. I expect to post a few pics later. Going to church now. Happy Easter. Our Lord is risen.

I'll not be going to church myself but whatever gives you peace of mind, may your God go with you.

Thank you Rod.

+ Reply to Thread