Max IV drain plug solution

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV drain plug solution

Max IV drain plug solution

Well i turned my attention to the drain plugs when i had water in the tub and the setup i had was a pain in the a$& to open to drain. I wanted something i could open without tools.
    When i bought the machine, there were standard boat plugs that had been siliconed in. The openings in the tub were were irregular in shape and ripped as in someone backed into something and boogered them up pretty good. The boat plugs were not sealing.
    First i heated the plastic with a heat gun and clamped fender washers on both sides with a through screw to flatten the holes while quasi repairing some of the rips in the plastic. I then ground out the 3/4" holes to accept the 1" boat plug ( attached images). The boat plugs are from Academy Sports and the backing washers(modified with a grinder and drill press!) are from the hardware store. I used 6-32 x 1 stainless screws with nylock nuts.
    Thought it was going to be a piece of cake after i made the backing plate out of the washers. WRONG. I forgot what a mess silicone is to work with especially the amount i was using. Loading the backing washer with silicone and getting into the tight space between frame and tub was the hardest part of the project. A royal pain!
    I will let it cure , jack up the front, add water and see if this was giant waste of time. Over thought? Probably, but it was enjoyable. Hope this helps someone else.
    Attached Images

Great fix. Ive seen a lot of damaged plug areas and this is a nice repair.

Thanks Mark. Hopefully it is water tight and the plastic fittings hold up.

How far do those stick off the tub? Only problem I could see is if they protrude far enough for a hard object in the water to snap them. Looks great though!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman5687 View Post
    How far do those stick off the tub? Only problem I could see is if they protrude far enough for a hard object in the water to snap them. Looks great though!
    The plug base actually is flush with the reinforcement poly. The thumb tab on the plug itself is about a half inch. That is the part that would be susceptible. Time will tell! There is a brass plug set up that is similar but it requires a wrench. That will be my fall back if this fails.

+ Reply to Thread