Max II axle upgrades

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max II axle upgrades

Max II axle upgrades

I am not sure if this has been covered before or not as I am new here BUT I recently purchased a 98 max II from my dad and decided to beef up the axles. I found that 1-1/4" sch 80 seamless pipe is a perfect pressed on fit over the outside of the stock axles. I also added 3 gussets to the back side of the flange welded to the new outer sleeve. Cheap and easy upgrade to prevent bending and breaking. No idea how to add pictures but I have some for anyone interested. Zach J.

Go on over to the gallery tab of the website, there, Mike has posted a thread on uploading pictures. I have to look at it every time I want to upload one.
    Would love to see the upgrade you've done. Pulling my max 2 apart again pretty soon, might end up doing what you've figured out.
    Meep Meep

Then two photos are uploaded into the max section. Let me know if you have any questions.

[IMG][/IMG]

I can't quite see in the pics but were they solid axles before you sleeved them? Looks like a good idea and well executed.

Both of these were solid axles aready but it would work on either solid or the tube axles. Thanks!

Nice, I like that.

[IMG][/IMG]

There is another design I first came up with. May be more accessible to most cause all you would need is some 1/4" steel flat stock. I think this will hold up just the same BUT still swapped both front axles to my sleeved and gussets design. Hope this helps. Also have a picture posted now of the axles installed.

Great idea. How tight of a press fit is it? Did you have to warm up the sleeve/pipe ?
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread