Max production delay

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Max production delay

I'm thinking of an atv manufacturer that changed hands a couple of times with inventory disappearing in lots of directions.
    relationships were destroyed and bad feelings between lots of people lots of rights,wrongs,truths and lies.
    not going to get into what really drove them out of business or what atv's they designed cus the pain is numb now and just a memory, i still enjoy the
    hobby. (hope time will heal all in this case also) i do wish things that happened in the past would not have happened the way they did.
    i can't think of anything more i would have loved to do for a living but to carry on the product line.
    good luck to all manufactures and members new and old for trying to keep this fun hobby,sport or living going.
    as far as commenting on this post, i hope things work out, delays don't help make product or money and (truth) is not going to speed anything up.
    i do know that its lots of hard work with not much profit and even more liability.
    no one wants to see the max/line disappear or struggle to survive. its time to move on good luck again!!

Forgive my ignorance please. As I have been a member less than a year, I read bits and pieces regarding the Max line while in Mudd Ox hands but can not find enough information to tie it all together. As a Max II owner the history and evolution of the Max lines interest me greatly. Much of what I have read seem to be accusations, but accusations of what? I know the 13 year old Max thread did not sit well with me, and the explanation given for the erroneous year of the machine did not pass muster in my eyes. With a lot of ongoing, advice, opinions and help from the fine folks here I resurrected a basket case AATV into a machine I am quite pleased with. With another grandchild on the way I am considering an AATV with more passenger capacity this fall. I won't be selling the Max by the way. After reading positive reports in the Mudd Ox product I was considering it as well as the Argo line. Can anyone please fill me in on the Max history from the time RI sold to the time Mudd Ox sold it? Also I'd like to understand the references to items donated and not returned etc.. I like to spend my hard earned $$$ with reputable folks, and I'm not saying Mudd Ox is not reputable, but I've read enough to concern me. I guess I don't want to make a 15-20k dollar decision I'll regret.

I'd be happy to get the info by pm so as not to add fuel to any fire or I'd be happy to pm my cel to any of you folks that have assisted me during my Max build.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    and (truth) is not going to speed anything up.
    All good points, Jim, but sometimes truth does speed things up.

Not many people seemed to want to believe Viktor. Four years? I never doubted him...ever.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/mudd-...nd-russia.html

Bridget

Hello Bridget we miss yinz all by the way hope to see ya back in the east sometime again soon (i know thats a hellish trip)

i agree no one should have to wait four years and i hope the delay in max production dose not take that long to get straightened out.
    maybe its just my funky point of view but the same thing that happened to another ATV manufacturer before is happening now to max? (kind of)
    something to do with the delay of production caused by a different entity?
    been threw that, i know the pain and no fun at all.
    i do hope the out come is better than than the ATV brand i'm thinking of.

[QUOTE=LW1911;213652] Can anyone please fill me in on the Max history from the time RI sold to the time Mudd Ox sold it? Also I'd like to understand the references to items donated and not returned etc..[QUOTE]

In a nutshell, a while after the death of Sid Wallach, founder of Recreatives & MAX, a decision was made to sell the company by Sid's son. It was purchased by Mudd Ox, Inc & Mudd Ox International Inc.

Mudd OX did not sell the MAX line.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...vestments.html

Don't know if you are referring to the paraphernalia I mentioned in a post. If you are, nothing was "donated" & not returned. It was just taken, because it was in the building. Even under objection by its owner. If any of you guys take your Favorite long passed Uncle Fred's hammer to work because it makes you feel good to use & you come in one day to find out that the business you work for sold it & the new owner takes your Uncle Fred's hammer given to you just because it's in the building, I think a lot of you would be P.O'd BIG TIME. If you aren't, it might be a good idea to look at the guy in the mirror once in a while.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    i do hope the out come is better than than the ATV brand i'm thinking of.
    I know exactly what you're talking about, Jim. And it's sad that it didn't work out better. BUT all those machines that we all loved from the past that are being restored now don't need help from Argo or Mudd OX. They will need help & support from someplace that can help them now. I'm optimistic.

Miss ya, too. The whole Gerber clan

Bridget

I'm no expert on the Max line but I always found it curious that they needed a heated throttle cable to keep it from freezing in the winter when other manufacturers don't. I always waited to see when they were actually going to solve that problem without the Rube Goldberg heated cable but as far as I know it was still an option when Max was available for purchase from MuddOx. Anybody got any insight in to why they didn't just seal up the damn cable well enough to keep water out like everybody else does? This to me kind of says it all when it comes to the lack of updates to the Max line over the years. Do you Max owners agree or am I missing something?

Thank you Bridget, that is one piece of the puzzle. I have read references to wasting company funds, mismanagement etc that I'd like to know more about. If I can't count on a company to be around for the long haul, I don't want to spend my money buying something that may lose parts availability or warranty coverage due to folding tents up and closing doors soon after purchase. I also find it odd the owner of Mudd Ox, hasn't chimed in to offer any pertinent info if he has any.

Quote Originally Posted by LW1911 View Post
    If I can't count on a company to be around for the long haul, I don't want to spend my money buying something that may lose parts availability or warranty coverage due to folding tents up and closing doors soon after purchase. I also find it odd the owner of Mudd Ox, hasn't chimed in to offer any pertinent info if he has any.
    Unfortunately, that is the case with ANYTHING & EVERYTHING people have bought forever. Don't worry, when some companies stay focused they can turn things around if they want. All I know is that when a business can't make ends meet there is usually only that guy in the mirror to blame. You know, the one that writes the checks. It's hard & it's serious stuff. No excuses, no one else to blame.
    Maybe MO hasn't chimed in because it's like Mr Miaggi says in "Karate Kid" ..."no can defense". That seemed to be the determination of the court, too. Not personal/public experiences. Time will tell.

Bridget

I am curious as why the son of the the original Max owner sold RI when it was a success? Maybe, had he kept it, none of this might have happened? What was the reason, anyone know?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread