New motor need belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New motor need belt

Question New motor need belt

Hello everyone im new here but have been using the forum for the last couple weeks to assist in building my first 6x6
    I bought it with now motor i got a predator 22 hp motor for it
    Im ready to install a belt but im not sure how you figure for what size you need
    I know on cars you can use a string and add an inch or something like that
    Is there an easy method to find what size belt i would need ?
    Thanks for the help
    Ps of anyone has the linkages that run from hand controls to trans for a max ii theyd like to sell please measage me im in need of some as they were missing when i bought it

Welcome Centipede. There are a couple of different ways you can determine your needed belt length. First, you can measure the outside circumference if you have an old belt to use as a pattern. put the old belt on the pulleys and draw it snug by pulling the center together. Then take a tape and measure around the outside circumference pulling the tape tight between pulleys (as opposed to following any sag in the pattern belt from drawing it tight). Or, if you have a corresponding clutch set up to those found in this publication, you can use a center-to-center distance to give you the belt length. It would be a really good idea if your engine mount has some adjustment so you can fine tune the belt tension.

http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/uplo...TY_CATALOG.pdf

Ok sounds good thank you !

+ Reply to Thread