Max IV chain maintainance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max IV chain maintainance

Quote Originally Posted by countrycummins99 View Post
    not sure why you would need to move engine cradle two 3/4inch wrenches and about 15mins and all chains are good to go? am i doing it wrong
    it takes you that long, i can do that in 3 min

all 6 adjusters in 3mins are you speed Gonzalez lol
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

My "panic mechanic" (wife) and I are going to adjust the rear axle chains tomorrow. And possibly the trans chains. It seems it ought to be easier to remove the rear seat first. Anyhoo... Diving in, wish you speed mechanics were up here.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Max iv chains video please!!!

I'm not sure why the max iv chain adjustment thread was closed that i started? Either way i agree totally that
    This needs a video. I think I know what you mean but a video would help a lot. Perhaps someday someone will do one.
    I re-installed my rebuilt tranny and drove it for about an hour on a test drive near the house. Everything seems to go well...then i go to turn a 180 (to the right) in the trail and break the driver side chain on the tranny. (is that called the primary chain?) Fractured 5 links in the process and broke it completly apart in another place.
    The only thing that i noticed before that was that it took more effort (not bad, just a little) to pull the latterals back. Figured it needed a small adjustment when i got home. Yea, guess i should have stopped and done it then. However the problem with that is that i was pretty sure it should have gotten more slack during the drive, not gotten tighter.
    New guys like myself would greatly appreciate someone taking the time to make a video that is in depth enough. Say you install the tranny...go from there and show the proper process of adjusting the chains from that point.

I agree. I'm one of those guys that learn best by watching someone do things. Although I can and do learn from reading about things I still favor watching. Sometimes I can't "picture" what is being told (reading). And viewing someone do it in person or vid helps a lot.

I'm guessing your thread got closed because a poster noted he may be eventually producing a product for sale that helps adjust the trans chains and this might be against the forums rules. Personaly I didn't think any thing was wrong about it though.
    Chain adjustment videos... Yup, bring 'em on!

Ah, i hadnt paid much attention to the poster commenting on his possible future marketed items either. If he starts selling them (and they work) that will be another story . I totally agree with your way of explaining how you learn best. I'm pretty handy with most things also and this one got the best of me, this time... VIDEO PLEASE, ANYONE????

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    I'm guessing your thread got closed because a poster noted he may be eventually producing a product for sale that helps adjust the trans chains and this might be against the forums rules. Personaly I didn't think any thing was wrong about it though.
    Chain adjustment videos... Yup, bring 'em on!
    Heck. If MAX isnt making upgrades after all these years, someone should and they should profit from it (as long as they dont break the rules here lol ).

Quote Originally Posted by rcn11thacr View Post
    I'm not sure why the max iv chain adjustment thread was closed that i started?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    Don't read too much into that. It was closed because an administrator, who will remain nameless, fat fingered the reply button.

When I reply to a thread, if I miss the reply button, it checks a box that says "close this thread" and that box is actually on the other side of the page from the reply button so if I'm replying quickly I don't notice. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for explaining Mike. I have thin "fat" thumbs that causes mispellings every time I write a post. The Edit button takes care of it afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread