sidewinder drive setup

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sidewinder drive setup

sidewinder drive setup

Well Guys I got my steering cable tried to move and found out my drive clutches slip If you dont know on the sidewinders its similar to a scrambler(not hydrualic) but mine is all mechanical(steering wheel) as the steering cable move it moves a ramp that pushes pins to disengauge the drive clutch and push it against the brake setup for its side,What I am trying to ask is if I should ditch that setup and go for a scrambler setup or go for a t-20 setup which I know can be expensive,unless someone has a working spare sidewinder setup they want to sell??I need some options....Thanks..

Any Options?

T-20 are a good retro and so are argo's trans. both are not cheep. Both require a jackshaft to correct the gear ratio.

the early sidewinder with the scrambler like spring loaded clutch plates require a good running surface and adaquate spring pressure. if the clutches are corroded you willl probably have to machine them smooth.

Thanks Jersey,Spring pressure seems good but I did check what you are saying about the clutch plates and they are corroded I am going to machine them and see if that fixes the problem.

+ Reply to Thread